PC CONFIGURATION

Stosko

I'm looking for PC Configuration for $940 without power supply and HDD (if 620W Seasonic Bronze is fine).
Gaming purpose - Battlefield 1 on ultra maybe?
Thanks a lot!

Stosko

What will you be doing with this PC? Be as specific as possible, and include specific games or programs you will be using.

• Will be playing games such like Battlefield 1 and some good future games or so. Fallout 4, ARK:Surival Evolved, Mafia and ARMA 3
What is your maximum budget before rebates/shipping/taxes?

• $950 in total
When do you plan on building/buying the PC? Note: beyond a week or two from today means any build you receive will be out of date when you want to buy.

• Something around New Year 2017.
What, exactly, do you need included in the budget? (Tower/OS/monitor/keyboard/mouse/etc)

• No peripherals, only things that need to be in Case like motherboard GPU RAM CPU etc... BUT! without power supply and HDD because I have HDD 2TB and 620W bronze seasonic power supply (if it is enough of course)
Which country (and state/province) will you be purchasing the parts in? If you're in US, do you have access to a Microcenter location?

• Where I can get best stuff and order it to come in EU - Croatia.
If reusing any parts (including monitor(s)/keyboard/mouse/etc), what parts will you be reusing? Brands and models are appreciated.

• HDD - Western Digital (has SATA plug that can be used in new build) and Power supply - Seasonic Bronze 620W
Will you be overclocking? If yes, are you interested in overclocking right away, or down the line? CPU and/or GPU?

• I actually didn't think about it. I would like to hear your opinion is it good or not.
Are there any specific features or items you want/need in the build? (ex: SSD, large amount of storage or a RAID setup, CUDA or OpenCL support, etc)

• SSD only used for win (not too big like 128GB or how much it is tho). GTX 1070 or whatever is good to run BF1 on ultra. I would like to hear your opinion about it, I am not actually into PC-s
Do you have any specific case preferences (Size like ITX/microATX/mid-tower/full-tower, styles, colors, window or not, LED lighting, etc), or a particular color theme preference for the components?

• None. Just some case that is not expensive. As much as it can be cheaper to be used for that build.
Do you need a copy of Windows included in the budget? If you do need one included, do you have a preference?

• I do not. I have my own windows 7 CD.
Extra info or particulars:

I just want $950 Gaming build that is going to last for 5 or more years. No need for power supply and HDD. I live in Europe - Croatia. Is amazon or that site you want me to use safe? I would like to hear some comparison about some graphics cards you would use to build this gaming PC I want.

Intel_man

VIP Member
From Amazon.de, this is how much you're going to pay for with a GTX 1070. It's €962.45 before any shipping costs to ship to Croatia.

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/9HNqbj

Note: 6600k is like the only i5 available for some reason... and putting a 1070 with an i3's just a bit ridiculous. I'm not sure what sort of local computer stores there are in Croatia.

Stosko

I will check in local stores around here on internet. Is there able to do some cheaper case or/and motherboard? It's kinda above my budget for almost 100€ which means a lot to me as a teenager. :)

Intel_man

VIP Member
http://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/fXw323/nzxt-case-s210001

You can grab something like this. It'll save you 10 euros.

If you're looking at more savings, you'll have to find a i5-6400 or i5-6500 (can't be overclocked), that way you can do without a Z170 mobo and go with a H170. I'm not familiar with the pricing of the H170 over there, but I don't think you'll save much by going to a lower board. Probably around 10-20 euros. But considering that if you do go with a non-K Intel CPU, you'll save probably 60-100 euros since you can go with a H170, a cheaper processor (really depends on the price you can find in Croatia), and not have to buy an aftermarket cooler (~35 euros).

Keep in mind that, if you insist on a GTX 1070, I would not recommend anything less than a basic Intel i5-6xxx series processor.

But definitely keep a lookout on what kind of computer stores you have in your country and let us know if they have a website we can look around in to see what sort of parts you can purchase within your budget.

Honestly though, with a 870 euros budget, I'd be shopping around with a GTX 1060 6gb rather than a 1070. It'll just give you more wiggle room for the rest of your components.

Stosko

If I do grab i5-6400 or 6500 and H170 are there going to be some problems or some worse performance that will be seen? Is it worth buying 1060 with better CPU or forcing on buying 1070 with worse CPU?
I can link you some Croatian stores. But on the other hand I can take a look.

Darren

Staff member
If I do grab i5-6400 or 6500 and H170 are there going to be some problems or some worse performance that will be seen? Is it worth buying 1060 with better CPU or forcing on buying 1070 with worse CPU?
I can link you some Croatian stores. But on the other hand I can take a look.

Going with a 6400/6500 as opposed to the 6600K just means you can't overclock the processor. The K on the 6600K indicates it's an unlocked chip and that you can overclock it, while the 6400 and 6500 you can't. The 6500 is clocked at 3.2GHz while the 6600K is clocked at 3.5GHz. The difference there is pretty small and if you don't plan on overclocking it makes more sense to get a 6500 anyway. You could even get a 6600 (not K) that's clocked at 3.3GHz. In the interest of saving money it's definitely going to be better for you to get the 1070 and a cheaper i5 if possible. You can always upgrade to an i7 later down the line if you need more CPU grunt. Also if you get with a non K chip you don't need to get an overclocking capable motherboard which will save even more money.

Darren

Staff member
Can you maybe list me whole configuration without power supply and HDD ? $940 Budget
Honestly, not really. The website you linked is just a hub for dozens of different sites in a language and currency I don't know. Give me 1-3 sites to work with that you'd trust buying from and we can work from there.