Pc does nothing

jesse kraus

But are the standoffs in the correct places? If you have that is touching the board where it shouldn't be then it will ground out and not startup. Try building it outside of the case on a piece of cardboard to see if it will start up. Do you have the 8 pin cpu power connector attached to motherboard?

Had to build it on cardboard but i dont know how to turn it on then

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You still have the case close to enough to attach the front panel connectors to it.

jesse kraus

Ok

I will try it soon. I think my family is a little tired of me and my mobo today

But if it works on cardboard, would i be able to build a cardboard case? Would look cool

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If it works outside of the case then that means you are grounding out the motherboard to the case somehow and would need to figure out how.

jesse kraus

Okay. Or....... I can just build a cardboard case that has to endure extrême heat and a lot of weight. Sounds easier to me XD

But thanks for the info

jesse kraus

Its working on cardboard! But where would it touch the case. You said my mobo needed 7 standoffs and i have those, 8 even and 6 of them built in in the case.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I figured it was shorting out somewhere. Also make sure none of the tabs on the back I/O plate is sticking inside any ports.