PC doesn't recognise my Blu-ray Writer

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
It might, can't guarantee it. The bios does recognize it, its just windows that doesn't.

mohtaj

I just did. I'm going to attach my BD writer and see what happens *FINGERS CROSSED*

NQPQwfV.png

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I just have a feeling its a windows issue then. Can you post a screenshot of your device manager with the cd/dvd section expanded?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Try removing the sata cable from your storage drive and attaching it to the blu ray drive and boot up and see what happens. Or have you done that already?

mohtaj

Try removing the sata cable from your storage drive and attaching it to the blu ray drive and boot up and see what happens. Or have you done that already?
I did. I have two internal hard drives. one has windows 10 installed on it. and is plugged in to SATAI0. The other internal Hard Drive is in SATAI2. I removed the second internal hard drive and connected its sata cable to my BD-writer. It didn't show up in "This PC" or let's say "My Computer"

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Try this. Hard drives in ports 0 and 1 and dvd's in ports 2 and 3. HDD's on channel 0 and dvd's on channel 1

mohtaj

The problem is with SATAII1. I plug either Hard Drive or BD-writer in it and the computer turns off half way through boot-up.
Does the power matter? I mean I attach any of the power cables to my Hard Drive or BD-writer in no particular order
By the way my Pioneer DVD-writer is old and does not have SATA cable

spirit

Staff member
I don't know where to check that or how to change them :(
I'm looking on the internet, it looks risky to change the mode :confused:
You go into the BIOS and look under the SATA options.

If it's in IDE you need to put it into AHCI but then you will need to reinstall Windows because Windows won't be able to boot (unless you put it back to IDE).

mohtaj

You go into the BIOS and look under the SATA options.

If it's in IDE you need to put it into AHCI but then you will need to reinstall Windows because Windows won't be able to boot (unless you put it back to IDE).
Do u mean in "Advanced BIOS features"? There's nothing like what u said there