PC Games and Game Consoles

James79

I have a question. Is it possible to play people online even though if one person on a computer and the other person on playstation 3 playing the same exact game and possibly on the same server? Just curious

SuperDuperMe

mostly no, theres only one game i know of with cross platform gaming, and that shadowrun for the xbox 360 and the pc.

In all fareness it was one of the worst games iv played.

linkin

VIP Member
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive will feature cross-platform play between PC and PS3, but not Xbox 360, thanks to Micro$oft.

Darren

Staff member
If it's a first person shooter then it would be very unfair. Mouse and Keyboard are a much more precise means of aiming that a little joystick on a controller. PC players would annihilate.

jonnyp11

If it's a first person shooter then it would be very unfair. Mouse and Keyboard are a much more precise means of aiming that a little joystick on a controller. PC players would annihilate.

well they can make it so that xbox's have higher damage or something so it ends up about equal.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive will feature cross-platform play between PC and PS3, but not Xbox 360, thanks to Micro$oft.

I cant understand why they are doing Multi platform anyway,Especially on a FPS game...like mentioned,Console players vs pc players?....Mouse accuracy vs console controller?...I'm sorry but i can already see the outcome. :p

claptonman

I've heard they tried this before and nerfed the PC players, but they still kicked so much ass that they just stopped trying. Don't remember what game.

jonnyp11

i'd guess that's the shadowrun or whatever, which i demo'd and my friend i think bought and it was decent, but i may be thinking of something else.

linkin

VIP Member
I cant understand why they are doing Multi platform anyway,Especially on a FPS game...like mentioned,Console players vs pc players?....Mouse accuracy vs console controller?...I'm sorry but i can already see the outcome. :p

PS3 users can also plug in a mouse and keyboard. Valve thought of that. I think they're doing official CS:GO keyboards/mice for both pc and ps3.

jackpeter20