PC Games Keep Crashing to Desktop? PLEASE HELP!

xTobyMc

This is very hard to explain in words, but I'll give it a try.

Basically, I can't play any games continuously without it freezing or crashing. HOWEVER, this is not a typical crash that you may be thinking of. Normally a crash is when the system cannot cope, and it ends the application's processes and quits to your desktop, right? Well in my case, the game quits to my desktop, but it is still running in my taskbar completely fine, and when I click back on it, the game resumes where I was in full screen again.

So realistically it isn't a crash, because the game is still running the whole time, but it does quit back to my desktop every time.

The problem occurs every 30 seconds or so and has been like it for a while. I only built the computer 2 days ago so there aren't any simple restore points for my computer to go back on. Everything else on the PC works perfectly, just this strange issue.

Sorry to drag on, but the issue does go even further. The previous problem I just described occurs in Team Fortress 2 and the game quits to my desktop. In one of my other games, Far Cry 3 (I only have 2 games at the moment), the game doesn't quit to my desktop, but it freezes. I'll be playing it perfectly fine with 60+ FPS and fair temperatures, and then my mouse/keyboard control is suddenly halted. The game continues to run, but when I move my mouse and press keys on the keyboard the game doesn't react. I then have to manually click the screen again to resume playing. Audio also stops playing through my headset when this freeze occurs. Again, this happens every 30 seconds or so.

Here are my specs:
- Intel i5 3570k
- Asrock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard
- XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB
- Windows 7 64-bit (Home Premium)

I don't suppose you need any more components listed, but if you do, just ask.

I have no idea why this keeps happening, but it's extremely frustrating because all the games run fine, they just keep quitting and cancelling my control temporarily?

ajjduke

please if youve found a solution tell i just built my computer to and this is happening to me exactly how you explained it to specs its so annoying and even when im typing this message it stops responding. im really thinking its the asrock mobo cause i have a asrock 970 extreme am3+ mobo.(having a lot of problems with this mobo involving usb.

specs:
AMD phenom II 965 BE

ASRock 970 EXTREME3 AM3+

Radeon hd 7870

850 watt raidmax psu

seagate barracuda 1tb hard drive

raidmax seiran

g.skill ripjaws 1600 ram

please help if you can

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
please if youve found a solution tell i just built my computer to and this is happening to me exactly how you explained it to specs its so annoying and even when im typing this message it stops responding. im really thinking its the asrock mobo cause i have a asrock 970 extreme am3+ mobo.(having a lot of problems with this mobo involving usb.

specs:
AMD phenom II 965 BE

ASRock 970 EXTREME3 AM3+

Radeon hd 7870

850 watt raidmax psu

seagate barracuda 1tb hard drive

raidmax seiran

g.skill ripjaws 1600 ram

please help if you can

Your power supply isn't that good. I would try a different power supply first. Do you have all the correct drivers installed?

Okedokey

AJJDUKE, PLEASE don't hijack others threads. If you have an issue, even if you believe it to be similar, start your own new thread.

To the OP, please ensure you have the latest Direct X, gpu drivers, game patches, and hardware such as mobo drivers.

ajjduke

sorry, its just my warranty ends in 2 days and im debating if i should RMA.
new to the pc world not very expirienced

Okedokey

sorry, its just my warranty ends in 2 days and im debating if i should RMA.
new to the pc world not very expirienced

So post a new thread, with full hardware specs, and your concerns and the guys will help promptly.