PC getting pop-ups to scan PC

So my PC is infected with a virus/adware/trojan, whatever you may call it. I ran spybot, malwarebytes, hitman pro, and adaware. They say they have fixed it but unfortunately the virus is still there and here I am asking for help. Thanks in advance fellas.

I have attached a 2 screenshots for your consideration. 1 is a popup in a new tab. 1 is a popup right in the center of the screen. These popups only happen when browsing the net

Attachments

• rsz_virus(1).jpg
    rsz_virus(1).jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 6
  • rsz_virus_2.png
    rsz_virus_2.png
    423 KB · Views: 4

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Download and run these 2 programs and post the logs.

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.

•Please close all open programs and internet browsers.
•Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
•Click on Scan.
•After the scan you will need to click on clean for it to delete the adware.
•Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
•Please post the content of that logfile in your reply.
•You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt as well - n is the order number.

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.

•Shutdown your antivirus to avoid any conflicts.
•Very important that you run the tool in this manner:
Right-mouse click JRT.exe and select Run as administrator
Do NOT just double-click it.
•The tool will open and start scanning your system.
•Please be patient as this can take a while to complete.
•On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
•Post the contents of JRT.txt in your next message.

In C:AdwCleaner, there are many reports. Here they are. Thanks for your help btw.

Attachments

• AdwCleaner[C0].txt
    11.8 KB · Views: 2
  • AdwCleaner[S3].txt
    4 KB · Views: 1
  • AdwCleaner[S1].txt
    11.2 KB · Views: 1
  • AdwCleaner[R6].txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 2
  • AdwCleaner[R5].txt
    4.4 KB · Views: 1

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Did you press the clean button in adwcleaner? I'm not seeing a log that says it removed anything. Some of those were old logs. Please rerun adwcleaner and after its done scanning press the clean button, the system will reboot and you'll see a log that will pop up after it gets to desktop. I need to see that log.

Yes I did choose the Clean Button. I have re-ran it but this time it did not fins any threats.

Attachments

• AdwCleaner[S2].txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 3

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Now rerun malwarebytes and post the log from it. Let me know if you are still getting the popups. Wouldn't hurt to download and run CCleaner if you haven't done so.

Unfortunately the virus is still there. Could not download ccleaner because it does not work with win10

Attachments

• mwarebytes.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 7

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
It does work on 10, you probably didn't install the latest version. I use it all the time. I'll have you run another program when I get home from work so we can get an idea of what is left on your system.

Deadpool

Do you have any malicious programs installed? Something you dont recognise? The first step to removing Adware is unninstalling the program that can be causing it. The unse Adwcleaner->MBAM->HitmanPro. If you cannot remove the program do it after running the 3 programs.

After that reset the default settings in your browser.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Download and run OTL and post the log. This will give us in idea of whats on your system.

Download OTL to your Desktop

•Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
•Click on Minimal Output at the top
•Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
◦When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL. Just post the OTL.txt file in your reply.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I've looked over the OTL log, there are some minor fixes. I did notice a driver update program installed or at least a remnant of it. 3 things I need you to do.

1. Reset firefox following these instructions. https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Proc...Firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings/ta-p/23405

2. Download and run ccleaner from here. https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/standard

3. After running Ccleaner, I need you to use it again to create an uninstall list for me. Open Ccleaner, click on tools, make sure uninstall is highlighted, click on save to text file bottom right. Save the file, and copy and paste the info back here.

uninstall.jpg

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Ok list shows that the driver program isn't installed, so you have some remnants leftover. Did you reset firefox and the cleaning part of ccleaner? I will get a list of fixes together for you. You also have an older version of java installed. Please uninstall it now. If you need it you can always install the latest version then. It's not safe to an outdated java installed.

Deadpool

You can try Revo Uninstaller if there are leftovers from programs that you have a hard time deleting manually.