Pc hardware question

Belspe3

Hi, I’ve had my gaming laptop for maybe about a year now and not to long ago my frame rate dropped for all of my games. I couldn’t figure out what it was till I decided to look at all my specs. I did the dxdiag command to check my graphics card and it said I had like an intel HD graphics 530. I don’t remember the exact graphics card I had, but I know for a fact it was above a gtx 1000. Could this mean that maybe my laptop stopped reading the graphics card and is maybe using an integrated graphics card? And that this could explain my frame drop?
Thx!

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Check device manager under display adapters and see what is listed. If 2 cards are listed then it should automatically switch over when its needed.

Intel_man

VIP Member
Windows updates may have reset your power management setup. Power saving does funky stuff with which GPU to use. You can also go to your Nvidia Control Panel -> Manage 3D Settings and see if the option to select "High-performance NVIDIA processor" is available. You can either do it in the Global Settings or you can choose which individual program uses the nvidia GPU in the Program Settings tab.

c03735151.jpg