Pc help

Ssin

cpus dont usually go bad,so maybe your cpu will work with another motherboard, buy another motherboard, and if it still doesnt work, get another cpu.

But how will I make sure that my motherboard is not fried is there a way to test it and not ending buying one and it not that. How much that cost anyways.

spirit

Staff member
what will not work? as I explained in the beginning all what the computer does is when i turn it on the fans start running and an orange light by the start button. i cant even turn it off i have to pull the power cord. nothing on the screen. so what's next how do I make sure it's the cpu or the mother f ah sorry the motherboard.thanks
Usually if the board has been killed by ESD it won't work at all, no lights or anything, so obviously you're OK there. It sounds to me like the board is dying/dead if you have to pull out the power cord in order to get it to turn off though.

Ssin

Usually if the board has been killed by ESD it won't work at all, no lights or anything, so obviously you're OK there. It sounds to me like the board is dying/dead if you have to pull out the power cord in order to get it to turn off though.

You said that I am ok because I have some light on etc. then the board I'd dead its sound like a contradiction! So there se way to test the board before buying an other one?

spirit

Staff member
Ssin said:
You said that I am ok because I have some light on etc. then the board I'd dead its sound like a contradiction!
I said that because I didn't read your first post when you said all the fans were spinning and the LEDs were on etc. Before I read that, I thought ESD may have killed it, now I don't think so. Sorry if it sounded contradictory or unclear for you.

Ssin said:
So there se way to test the board before buying an other one?
There's obviously something up with the board if it's running but not displaying anything - unless you have any bent pins on your CPU by any chance? Have you removed and reinstalled the CPU at any time? If so then you may have accidentally bent one or ore of the pins which is preventing the board from displaying a picture.

Are you using a graphics card? If so, remove it and try using the onboard graphics and see if it's any better for you.

If you're not using a graphics card, I'd say the board is at fault. There's not really any way to test it other than maybe to take it out of the case and try running it outside of the case on a book or something just to make sure it's not grounding and making contact with the case in anyway.

Ssin

I said that because I didn't read your first post when you said all the fans were spinning and the LEDs were on etc. Before I read that, I thought ESD may have killed it, now I don't think so. Sorry if it sounded contradictory or unclear for you.

There's obviously something up with the board if it's running but not displaying anything - unless you have any bent pins on your CPU by any chance? Have you removed and reinstalled the CPU at any time? If so then you may have accidentally bent one or ore of the pins which is preventing the board from displaying a picture.

Are you using a graphics card? If so, remove it and try using the onboard graphics and see if it's any better for you.

If you're not using a graphics card, I'd say the board is at fault. There's not really any way to test it other than maybe to take it out of the case and try running it outside of the case on a book or something just to make sure it's not grounding and making contact with the case in anyway.

I will do that next I am busy this week but thank you for the input