PC monitor - 21:9 or 16:9 ?

robina_80

hi all,

i want a new pc monitor, i dont need one as i have a 22" 16:9 but my question is if i were to get a widescreen would you choose a bigger 16:9 (27") or a slightly smaller 21:9 (25")

i like the idea of a 21:9 as you have more workspace to open up windows, it will be good for me as i do internet research on one side and i can open up putty/vm client on the other

what are your guys thoughts

thanks

rob

spirit

Staff member
If you do lots of stuff that requires horizontal space (eg video editing, multiple apps running split screen etc) then the 21:9 would be a better option.

fade2green514

25" is kind of small for an "ultrawide" ... go to best buy and check it out they have one on display at my best buy. you'll see exactly what i mean. id personally go for a larger ultrawide or the 27" regular widescreen.

C4C

25" is kind of small for an "ultrawide" ... go to best buy and check it out they have one on display at my best buy. you'll see exactly what i mean. id personally go for a larger ultrawide or the 27" regular widescreen.

+1 since screen sizes are most typically measured corner to corner.

You could potentially add a second 22" monitor for your work to make it easier to see visually.