PC MW2 - cant tell the difference between enemies and allies

robina_80

im colour blind and sometimes i cant tell the difference between the 2 so eg i walk in a room and i think its my team but i find its my enemy lol so when he comes close to kill me i think WTF and then i think oh shit lol, does anyone else have the same problem

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Theres actualy a petition to Infinity ward for this...did you write the petition? :D

http://www.petitiononline.com/hodsey77/

I can understand how frustrated you must be though....saying that,I dont know if theres a bug in MW2 but sometimes when im running towards an enemy their name doesnt show until im right on top of them.

I bet they could easily fix this for colour blind people,All they would have to do is add some options in the game menu to change team name colours to what colour you would like to see your Teammates and enemys names.

Last edited:

Redbull{wings}

Theres actualy a petition to Infinity ward for this...did you write the petition? :D

http://www.petitiononline.com/hodsey77/

I can understand how frustrated you must be though....saying that,I dont know if theres a bug in MW2 but sometimes when im running towards an enemy their name doesnt show until im right on top of them.

I bet they could easily fix this for colour blind people,All they would have to do is add some options in the game menu to change team name colours to what colour you would like to see your Teammates and enemys names.

Isn't that name thing a perk? A delayed name showing so it creates hesitation from the enemy.

DCIScouts

VIP Member
I wonder if they could do a pattern thing on the uniforms so that it would make it a lot easier to distinguish.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
It happens to me sometimes but its my teammates name that delays in showing so I look kind stupid shooting the heck out of my teammate

Yes its the same here....i end up shooting my teammate too,It must be a bug in that Perk thing.

ScottALot

Same thing happens to me on the Xbox... usually it happens when an enemy is running at me, but my teammate's behind him. So it looks like the guy running at me has the good guy green words above him :/

ducis

it it where any other game I would make a skin for you... but activison doesn't like what they call "tweakers"

Bacon

Isn't that name thing a perk? A delayed name showing so it creates hesitation from the enemy.

Your thinking of Cold Blooded Pro, and it completely eliminates showing the enemies name as well as no longer making your corsshairs turn red. As far as I know, it doesn't do the same thing to teammates.

Matthew1990

enemies should be wearing shoot me or kick me shirt!

IW better fix this.....my friend is also colour blind and it's his bday like in a week I was gonna get him MW2....

Machin3

Call of Duty World at War made it pretty decent because the name hovered above the player constantly so you would know whose on your team which showed in green and who is on the enemy team which showed up in red.

Its rediculous though because IW knows that a lot of people will sign petitions, even the dedicated server petition, yet they still won't do anything about it.

Last edited:

lexmark

Call of Duty World at War made it pretty decent because the name hovered above the player constantly so you would know whose on your team which showed in green and who is on the enemy team which showed up in red.

Its rediculous though because IW knows that a lot of people will sign petitions, even the dedicated server petition, yet they still won't do anything about it.

why should they, the complaints are usually coming from people that already bought the game... :rolleyes:

Machin3

why should they, the complaints are usually coming from people that already bought the game... :rolleyes:

Yeah, but those people didn't know that there would be a problem because they haven't played it until they bought it. Plus, if the customers see that the company screwed up the game, they won't want to buy the next game game that comes out because they will think it will be screwed up again.