PC not booting up

Exoclap

So today I decided to move my parts out of the case so I can do some testing on my motherboard.
I took out the HDD, CPU, GPU, RAM and I've connected everything to the PSU. I put on power and reset m connectors. Everything was going smoothly until I decided to boot up the system. When I did that the booting started normaly but then when the Windows should've started booting up it displayed the following error :

EFI Shell Version 2.31 [4.633] Current running mode 1.1.2 Map: Cannot find required map name

Press Esc in 5 seconds to skip startup.nsh, any other key to continue

shell id>

I pressed esc and nothing happened. I restarted my system again and HDD made a weird beep sound and the same error was displayed.

Does anyone know what should I do to fix this ? Everything was working normally before but now I can't even boot the system.

MSI Z97 gaming 5
Intel core i5 4690k quad core 3.5 ghz
Asus GTX 970 STRIX 4gb oc edition
1 stick of 8 GB RAM
Western digital blue 1 TB
600W Corsair CX

Exoclap

Tried reseting the SATA cable and it didn't do nothing so I connected the cable into a different SATA port and it turns out that worked and that previous port is broken.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
So its working now? Basically just googled that error and came up hdd not getting power or data connection.

mistersprinkles

"I restarted my system again and HDD made a weird beep sound and the same error was displayed."

Hard drives don't beep mate. o_O