PC remote

Jonar Roman

I was wondering if there was such a thing as a remote that could be used with media player. I have all my music on my computer and listen to it from there.....but seeing as I'm lazy i was wondering if there was a remote that I could use while sitting on the other side of the room.....I have a wireless keyboard and have used that, but it is a tad obnoxious to carry around.

Ben

VIP Member
Well I looked all around newegg and various other sites but didn't fine anything except for remotes that control windows media center, sorry man.

dark_legacy2006

heyman ? not any remote casue doesnt there have to be liek a usb hook up to get the signal from the remote..... that doesnt make any sense

Ben

VIP Member
any remote will work for what you want

you can set it up to do whatever you want

Yeah, I'm confused, I'm pretty sure not any remote will work on a PC...I'm sure they would have to make a special kind remote to work on computers and media and stuff like that.

Jonar Roman

Thank you for the recomendations.....I'll check them out...and do you know of any issues with media player 11? I have moved to that and a few of the ones that you have given me links for say MP 10.

sup2jzgte

Thank you for the recomendations.....I'll check them out...and do you know of any issues with media player 11? I have moved to that and a few of the ones that you have given me links for say MP 10.

I have not tried it yet on the Ati remote, but it works on Evil player and no other remote I tried did. If you post a link to dl mp11 I will install it and try it

Jonar Roman

sup2jzgte, I have looked at the product you mentioned......it looks to me to be more of a video capture card with a remote......will it control Media Player?

sup2jzgte

Ok sorry it took so long I had to run to the store in this BITTER cold.

I just tested it and worked fine with Windows Media Player 11 AKA URGE. I will tell you this, I really dont like the MP11. I can tell there is just going to be to many problems with it. I will stick with Evil Player it does everything I need it to do, not to mention it uses close to no system rescourses. I can save my lists, shuffle, and do everything else I need.

Well I'm going on about nothing, back to the point. So the answer is yes Remote Wonder will work with MP11.

On a Side note not only do I use the remote for media such as watching DVD's, listening to music, but since I have my PC hooked up to my Plasma TV I use it to surf the web when my batteries are charging for my wireless keyboard. I would recommend picking one up it is well worth it IMO.

heyman421

banned
heyman ? not any remote casue doesnt there have to be liek a usb hook up to get the signal from the remote..... that doesnt make any sense

any COMPUTER remote

regardless of whether or not it's intended for use with media center, it will be customizable for use with any number of different programs