Pc wont boot after GPU is installed

Hunter Rees

So I recently bought a brand-new Gigabyte 960 with x2 6 pin ports. When it was installed, I pressed the power button on my pc and everything came to life and the fans started spinning and the leds and the graphics card fans started spinning so I knew that the graphics card had power but nothing ever appeared on the screen. Just a black screen. I know i have enough power (550w) and I even updated the bios when I took the card out. So I have the latest bios, and i even tried a different pcie slot but still didn't work. My motherboard is the msi b150 pc mate. I dont want to be stuck with integrated graphics so please help.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You do have the monitor connected to the video card and not the onboard video? Also have the 2 - 6 pin power cables connected? Many make this simple mistake. Other then that, reconnect to the onboard, go into the bios and see if there is an option to select which video card to use first.

Edit, there is an option in the bios to change it. Page 41 of the manual. Under the advanced section then integrated peripherals.

Initiate graphics adapter, you want to set it to PEG instead of IGD.

Last edited: