WIndows 10 PC Won't Power On At All

Eric4753

So I would like to start this post off by stating a couple of things. I have tested my Power Supply, and it is working fine. When everything is plugged in, a light appears on the Motherboard. I have had issues with this pc in the past, a little while ago a cider was spilled onto my case which caused one of the ram sticks to go bad. I cleaned it out to the best of my abilities and it worked fine for almost 6 months after the incident. However, now the pc will not turn on at all. I turned the pc when I got home today and it booted up fine, I went downstairs and came back to see it turned off. I thought this was weird so I tried restarting it, however, the pc would not respond to the button being pressed. I immediately stripped the pc down to just the motherboard, power supply, processor and the ssd and hdd. I tested the P.S. which is working fine and an orange light appears on the motherboard, but that is about it. The pc will not turn on even if I bypass the switch and use a paper clip on the two prongs. It will charge my phone and headset, but it will not turn on anything or give me any indication of what is wrong. So what are my option here? I will take any advice or ideas you have.

Thanks,
Eric

Below are my specs:
Windows 10 64bit
R.O.G Strix Z-370E Motherboard
Intel Core i7-8700k
Gskill DDR4-3000 8gb x2
Seagate Barracuda 1TB
1TB SSD

EVGA GTX 1070 SC2
Corsair CX Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Bronze
SAMSUNG DVD Burner 24X DVD+R 8X
Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Have you tried resetting cmos? Other then that, you'll have to start replacing parts. Remove ram and see what happens. Do you have a system speaker attached to hear any bios beeps?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If the power switch broke then all you have to do is short the 2 power switch pins on the motherboard to turn it on. If it don't turn on then its something else.