PC won't Power on unless unplugged

DeadShovel

I hope some one on here could help me find out what my problem is. I recently bought a new pc. Everything is works fine, it boots up, runs windows, I play games no problem. The issue I have is when I shutdown the computer it will not turn on unless I unplug the power supply cable first. This is need every start up. Even if the PC is has been off for a full 24 hr period. The mob has power because the lights on it are on, however the fans are off the HDD is off and the GPU is off. If anyone as any idea on what the problem could be, please let me know.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Most likely bad power supply. So you are saying you have to unplug power supply from wall or unplug cable from motherboard? What is the make and model of power supply? Custom built pc or store bought?

DeadShovel

I have to unplug it from the wall and then plug it back in to power it up. The power supply is just a standard 600w 80 plus from cyberpowerpc, it doesn't say what brand it is.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I would suggest changing out the power supply first to see if that fixes it, it should.

Okedokey

Three things I would check prior to replacing PSU is ensuring no additional PSU cables are shorting anywhere on in the case (just move them around and check) and replace the CMOS battery on your motherboard. Also try turning off your monitor when you shut down normally and see if that helps. Sometimes faulty display cables can cause issues like this.