pc won't start

qtran3

the screen got frozen when i was playing CS, I could not do anything so i turned it off. Then I tried to turn it back on, nothing happens accept all fans spin for 1 or 2 seconds. all i see is a little light near the memory slot ( using an Intel mobo ). Please help !!!

flame1117

banned
When i play CS CZ my whole PC freeze(cant crt alt dlt) or anything. i just restart it and everything works fine with me, for me its ussaly at least 1 hour and a half in i think for me its over heating. Expessallly since i added the new fan it dosn;t do it as much.

Asobu

Yeah your computer is just over heating. Is it clean inside from dust or if you have cables everywhere bundle them up so that air can get around them easier.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
the screen got frozen when I was playing CS, I could not do anything so I turned it off. Then I tried to turn it back on, nothing happens accept all fans spin for 1 or 2 seconds. all I see is a little light near the memory slot ( using an Intel mobo ). Please help !!!
What are the system specs?

Yeah your computer is just over heating. Is it clean inside from dust or if you have cables everywhere bundle them up so that air can get around them easier.
That wouldnt/shouldnt explain the no-startup-again

qtran3

Praetor said:
What are the system specs?

That wouldnt/shouldnt explain the no-startup-again

i have reseated everything but nothing happens.
is it the mobo or cpu ??
btw i just built this 2 mons ago, it is still clean

Intel® Desktop Board D925XECV2
1 Gig kingston memory
CPU 3.2
6600 GT vid
74 G raptor hdd

Yeti

VIP Member
I would suggest swapping out everything you can if you have spare parts, changing around the memory to different slots (one stick at a time). The red light you mentioned is usually just a sign that either the 5V standby or 12V is there (for my mobo the 5V is green and the 12V is red). That being said, I had a bad mobo that did the same thing as yours is doing... and I currently have another bad mobo that just does nothing... I've gone through a lot of bad motherboards :p

qtran3

ok this weird thing happens, after reseating everything I powered it up, nothing happened. 5 min later i powered it up again, something burns but i don't know which, i can smell it. then i turned it on again even I know my comp is dead for sure, but this time the rear fan (connected to the board), video card fan, cd rom runs but the cpu fan did not run, nothing on screen. So from your point of view, which one is dead CPU or Mobo ??