PC Won't Turn On After CPU Change

Andymandc

Hello-

I just recently upgraded my Dell Inspiron 531 CPU, to an AMD 64 x2 6000+. However, when I try to turn the PC on, all I get is the orange stand-bye light on the power button and no signal to my monitor. I put the old CPU back in to test it, and it started up fine. I updated the BIOS, and put the new CPU back in... And still doesn't work. Please help!

_Pete_

Really the only two things that come to mind are that the CPU is faulty or it's not a compatible upgrade. Another possibility I suppose could the RAM you have is not compatible with that CPU.

Deadpool

Hello-

I just recently upgraded my Dell Inspiron 531 CPU, to an AMD 64 x2 6000+. However, when I try to turn the PC on, all I get is the orange stand-bye light on the power button and no signal to my monitor. I put the old CPU back in to test it, and it started up fine. I updated the BIOS, and put the new CPU back in... And still doesn't work. Please help!

Those CPUs belong to different sockets... Who told you it was compatible? And what´s your motherboard model?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Looks as though you may have the 125 watt version instead of the 89 watt version.