PCB Replacment

Hi all,

It has been a long while since I have posted here.

Recently my 4TB seagate began to act up and now it's no longer working. I removed the drive from the enclosure and used a docking station hoping I would be able to retrieve my info, but I had no luck. I am wondering if replacing the PCB would work, but I do not have a go to site and would like to some input on a website that someone may know if any.

No spinning is happening on this drive. : \

I was able to reach out to someone @ https://www.onepcbsolution.com 2 days ago via email, but the communication has stopped. I sent over the info from the drive with pictures and haven't heard anything back.

Looking for some help here. I still currently have the drive in my position.

Thanks in advance!

JaredDM

To adapt a PCB and make it compatible for your drive, you'd need to move over the 8-pin ROM chip from the original PCB to the donor one. Beyond that all you need to match is the PCB number printed into the actual green part of the board. For Seagate it's generally a nine digit number starting with 1 (eg. 100845152 REV C). The REV part rarely matters. Just be aware that if that chip gets overheated or broken during the transfer, it's game over forever. That's why we always digitally read it instead of physically transferring.

That having been said, it's highly doubtful that the PCB is the issue at all. Seagate drives are generally failing 100x more often for other reasons these days. They rarely last long enough to have issues with the PCB. More often it's the read/write heads that are short-circuited and it's not spinning up because it's failing that pre-spin check.