PCI-Express 2.0 x16

ThePCmaN

anyone have any problems with the 2.0 x16.. because im trying to find out why my online gaming stutters (dont fully know how to explain it) and its not the connection (ive tried DSL and Cable both) it HAS to be graphics or somethin related..

to try and further explain.. i can move around, then i stop in my footsteps and the screen shakes then i can start movin around again..then it does it again, etc. etc. etc...

please help, thank you

Kesava

what kind of online games? like cod4 online? or miniclip games? haha

if its a proper fps then try playing not online... does it do the same thing?

ThePCmaN

CS, CS:CZ, Guild Wars.. when i play CZ offline it runs normal.. but online it acts up.. i dont understand

Kesava

well i dont see how it could be the graphics.. your gfx card is more then enough.

seems that you must just lag... not necessarily because of a slow internet connection. but because of distance from you to the server. and other factors

ThePCmaN

u dont think it may be my drivers.. or any other random thing.. it bugs the shit outta me cuz im workin on a CS 1.6 team and its gonna be kinda hard if i cant play online 100%

Kesava

well its possible...

install the latest ones.
but remember to uninstall the current ones first.

and even if you have the latest ones, reinstall anyway

shenry

I had a problem like this for about a month. After a storm whenever I played a game online I had serious lag. Tried all sorts of things but nothing worked. My friends dad had it as well, he lives a couple of streets away. Turned out (or at least we think) to be the phone line. I can't remember that well but I think mum or someone said that they saw some people working on the phone lines. Next day everything was fine.

It could be the same with you. Your cable runs along with your phone line right?(I don't have cable so correct me if I'm wrong) DSL uses your phone line.I'd phone your ISP and see what they can do for you. If they cant help you call the company that rents you your phone line.