PCI Express Freq Affecting my system stability

blurblock

I reliase something .

with PCI Express Freq @ 100mhz

FSb at most @223 x 15 = 3345 .

Once i start increasing the PCI Express Freq i can go higher .

Until i reach 4.0Ghz with 133mhz PCi Express Freq .

try starting on 4.0Ghz .

My system cant even detech my hdd . Please insert a boot media .

no choice but to get back to 3.3Ghz .

Question : Hows the PCI Express Is relation to FSB . If i but a new mobo like msi p35 neo2 FR will things get better ? . Overclock without adjusting the PCI express freq ?

hermeslyre

VIP Member
The PCI-e bus speed and the FSB are usually not relative. Generally, people are advised not to attempt to overclock the PCI or PCI-e bus. All it does is increase bandwidth over that bus, and often, create system instability. In other words, little to be gained, and system stability to be lost.

Overclock without messing with the PCI-e bus speed, yes. :)

blurblock

but the problem is i have to adjust the PCi express freq in order to pass 225mhz . i can choose from 100mhz - 133mhz there's no auto function .

Geoff

VIP Member
100MHz is the default for the PCI-E bus, and it's odd that you need to raise it in order to overclock. The only time I would sya that increasing it becomes useful, is if you are running SLI/CF on a board which restricts the secondary slot to only 4x or 8x speed.

blurblock

but my mobo MSI 945P nEo2 F force me to increase then PCI Express freq in order to go pass 225MHZ . And its 100 - 133 NO AUTO function . So im wondering is it the mobo tat cause my overclocking to fail . ?