pci express vs. hdmr

tincan

I am wondering which slot is tha fastest to use for a video card. pci express
x16 or HDMR. I am not sure about what hdmr is. is it new?

heyman421

banned
i thought hdmr was a sound card interface?

it's all news to me, i guess. i just found out about the new "displayport" successor to dvi today

wikipedia just turns up some crazy equation

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
I agree with heyman, I thought HDMR was only for sound and MIDI devices.
Hardware Direct MIDI Routing is a new technology, which allows the UM-880 and UM-550 to route MIDI directly in hardware. HDMR creates ZERO Latency internal MIDI patching by directly connecting any MIDI In and MIDI Out port.

Also seeing as how most gaming cards are produced solely for PCI-E x16 slots, there really isn't much to think about is there?

tincan

[-0MEGA-];782256 said:
I agree with heyman, I thought HDMR was only for sound and MIDI devices.

Also seeing as how most gaming cards are produced solely for PCI-E x16 slots, there really isn't much to think about is there?

Good point. The reason i am asking is because i'm getting a new barebones system and I never heard of hdmr before. (i have apperantly been under a rock somewhere) So i guess pci express x16 is the way to go then.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Bet its a Asrock board, the HDMR is not new, its a slot for sound and modem cards that never caught on, dont know why Asrock still puts them on there boards.

Geoff

VIP Member
Yep , It is a asrock conroe 1333. Is this a decent board for everyday use?
ASRock makes a lot of decent budget boards. It's perfectly fine for everyday use, although they arent good when it comes to overclocking and tweaking.