PCI graphics card upgrade? please help!!!

zvanaernum

New Member
Ok so i recieved a free desktop from work. It has an intel mobo with a 1.8 ghz celeron processor =(. It has 1 gb RAM and a 250 watt psu. My goal is to somehow be able to get this computer to run modern warfare 2 atleast on lowest quality settings. now i know this computer is a pos so please no jokes or anything guys. I got this for free and want to know if i could upgrade the graphics card to run modern warfare on lowest settings. The problem i have is that i only have a PCI slot not an express =/. anyone have any ideas? I dont want to put a lot of money into this computer since its not rly worth it. But would upgrading the graphics card allow me to run it? if so what graphics card should i get?
 
Honest it just has 1gb. of memory, only PCI slots and just 250W power supply. Spending money on it would be like kicking a dead dog. The money you would spend, just save it for a build and use this one for what it is till then.
 
I use my old dell as my htpc and it has a 2.4ghz celeron with 1gb of memory. Just before I built my new rig I bought a Nvidia 8400gs by PNY from newegg. As it turns out I max my cpu long before the GPU even comes off of idle. There is just no way that you can play MW2 with that CPU. Sorry bro, I was in the same boat and didnt have any money for a new rig. So I worked a rediculous ammount of overtime and sold some stuff that was worth less to me than a new rig (my first gaming rig) and built a new PC. I would sell you my card as it is still pretty new but you can get it cheaper through newegg as they have a rebate last time I checked.

Here is the card:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133245
 
thanks guys... i figured this... i already have a gaming rig but since my parents are divorced i wanted to see if i could make this one to bring to my other house... i figured it was a lost cause tho.. thanks for your help!
 
Back
Top