PCI parallel card?

stinkfist

Hello I have a Dell xps400 with windows XP that did not come with a parallel port. I know it is old technology that is why they stopped putting them in the new computers. My problem is that I need to have a parallel port for my programmer. I have bought a NetMos PCI parallel card but it will not let me change the I/O settings so my programmer will work. I have talked with Dell and NetMos & NetMos told me that you can't change the I/O settings with XP with the PCI card. Is there anybody how has XP and a PCI parallel card working with the I/O settings? I was thinking of tring a USB to parallel adapter. Thanks:confused:

Echo Ecko X

banned
Well here isnt anyway to use usb? Weird, just go to radio shack, and im sure you can get a parellel port to usb converter, or something like that.

Xycron

banned
I;m not sure if there is a parrelel to usb, but there is a parralel to serail, which can then be put to usb.

Bobo

banned
Xycron said:
I;m not sure if there is a parrelel to usb, but there is a parralel to serail, which can then be put to usb.

there is usb to parallel, for putting usb devices into parallel ports. You could use one of these with gender changers, and that might work.