Pentium (R)4 Vs Pentium M?

silv55

Hi guys;i have a Sony Intel Centrino Pentium M 1.5GHZ 1GBmem and an Intel Pentium 4 (R) with 2GHZ and 2GB Mem, some reviews say Pentium 4 suppose to be better, but Video streaming in the Pentium M has no lagging and in Pentium 4 R there is much lagging!

G80FTW

Hi guys;i have a Sony Intel Centrino Pentium M 1.5GHZ 1GBmem and an Intel Pentium 4 (R) with 2GHZ and 2GB Mem, some reviews say Pentium 4 suppose to be better, but Video streaming in the Pentium M has no lagging and in Pentium 4 R there is much lagging!

I would say the M should be better. However, if we are talking about 2 different systems, the P4 with 2GB of RAM would probably be better.

silv55

I would say the M should be better. However, if we are talking about 2 different systems, the P4 with 2GB of RAM would probably be better.

So the lagging is related to the video card? it's NV34 [GeForce FX 5500

FuryRosewood

First Gen Pentium 4's are crap, the M is based off a Pentium III, and will be considerably faster per clock vs the netbust.

spynoodle

Pentium M's are much faster clock-for-clock than Pentium 4's, so a 1.5GHz Pentium M should cream a 2GHz Pentium 4. On top of that, the Pentium M would use way less power in the process, thus giving you way better battery life if we're talking about two laptops. Have you looked into seeing if your Pentium M laptop and Pentium 4 laptop are RAM-compatible? Your ideal scenario would be to run the Pentium M laptop with 2GB of RAM.