Permanently install discs

Bob The Builder

I have a program called Home Publishing 2000, and in order to start using it I have to "insert Disc 5". Then if I want to add something from clip art, I have to insert another disc. Then if I want to further search the clip art gallery I have to insert yet another disc! Is there a way to put the information that the program is looking for on the pc so I don't have to keep changing the discs. I know that it is a way of trying to stop theft, but it is mine.

Flaring Afro

telling you how would be against forum rules and this thread would be closed. however, openoffice might be able to do whatever it is you need. it's free. (and there's always free clipart online).

gamblingman

VIP Member
me too though

See I for one would love to know how to make a program run without the stupid disk, and also why I have to have the disk. If I installed the program, why is there stuff left behind on the DVD or CD?

I use plenty of apps that require disks when I'm away from home. But I would prefer that I didn't have to carry disks with me just to open and then use a program for a few minutes. The disks get scratched, and usually a lot. Yes, I use cases, but traveling a lot wears on things, and disks are expensive. I hate having to re-purchase the same program I already had cause I lost or scratched a disk.

Also I don't like that I always have to have the DVD drive because of the heat generation, battery drain, vibration form the drive (there isnt hardly any, but any isn't good), and also I want to maximize the drives life.

So if there was a way to put the disk on my computer (or copy them to a single disk), I'd do it in a heartbeat. It would save me so much trouble and annoyance when I'm away from home.

I'd like to hear it from a mod that giving this info would be illegal.

Last edited:

Bob The Builder

As stated before, it is my disc. I bought and paid for it, so I should be able to do it 'cuz I'm not distributing it! I just want to make it easier to use. Anyone help?

Paul17041993

there are programs on the net that can copy disks to a virtual dvd drive on your hard drive,
but thats all im going to say at the moment...