Permission to post another's photo?

computerhakk

VIP Member
justme007 said:
hmmm... I think this is being interpreted the wrong way. I am 100% sure of who is in the photo and what I meant when I said I had no knowledge of it was that I did not have any knowledge/recall ever taking that picture UNTIL I saw it on the website. Sorry for being so unclear about that. I also know the person who took the photo and also the person who has it on their site, however, I did not give this person permission to post it on the internet and this person has not taken it down even after I have asked them to more than once.
Well then, its solved..

You know the person who is hosting it, and you know the person who supplied it. Confront them. If they take no action, there goes your legal case you vs them.

justme007

computerhakk said:
Well then, its solved..

You know the person who is hosting it, and you know the person who supplied it. Confront them. If they take no action, there goes your legal case you vs them.

So I guess this is what I have to do next to get it removed?

MONKEY BOY said:
Hmm General Rule Is That The Person That Took The Pic It Is 'copywrited' To Them

hmm..so the person that took the picture is the owner of the picture and therefore gets to give this image to someone else without my knowledge and let them post it on the internet? And the subject of the image has no rights to it :confused:

Christian Darrall said:
you have it on your space, if he asks thats my photo then explain that its not

No I do not have it on a myspace or anything like that. this person has put it on the internet without permission

Well I guess all I can do now is confront them again like computerhakk said, I don't know about the legal action part or how far I want to go with this I just want them to listen to me and remove it! Why is that so hard for them to do :mad:?

Thanks everyone for your help

Christian Darrall

have they got an email

if so copy and paste the following

"hello my name is +++++ and i would like to ask you why you have a photo of me on your space, i would like you to remove it before legal action will betaken, i hope this email hasn't caused any inconvineience(spell?) andi hope that process will be made before i result in further action"

well even tho you wont take further action use it as a persuasion method.

justme007

Christian Darrall said:
have they got an email

if so copy and paste the following

"hello my name is +++++ and i would like to ask you why you have a photo of me on your space, i would like you to remove it before legal action will betaken, i hope this email hasn't caused any inconvineience(spell?) andi hope that process will be made before i result in further action"

well even tho you wont take further action use it as a persuasion method.

Thanks Christian, that would be a good start to try and persuade them, but there is more to this because I know this person and this person knows me BUT they were not the one who should have had the image
:(, I guess I'm making this confusing.

Christian Darrall

yea so if you explain that you have a problem with him posting it on his space, then im sure he will take it off,

its mainly due to the fact that you havn't contacted him to explain that you have a problem (same as above, just made a bit clearer

computerhakk

VIP Member
Is this guy/gal your buddy? Are you scared of confronting him and maybe ruining a relationship? If so.. What kind of buddies are you befriending with?.. I take it that the image is probably morally wrong and that's why you want it off. If he/she isn't cooperating.. ummm its maybe a sign that your relationship with him/her stinks.

If he is your beloved friend, he/she should take it off. Then you question where he got the image from and who.

There's no biggie. Just talk to them. Explain the legal issues and your rights as invasion of your privacy and if they still refuse, you will HAVE to take legal actions and the resulting consequences can not be good for him/her.

If it's just someone you know... then have anything happened that may have caused this occurance to take place. Like.. grudges.. etc.

justme007

computerhakk said:
Is this guy/gal your buddy? Are you scared of confronting him and maybe ruining a relationship? If so.. What kind of buddies are you befriending with?.. I take it that the image is probably morally wrong and that's why you want it off. If he/she isn't cooperating.. ummm its maybe a sign that your relationship with him/her stinks.

If he is your beloved friend, he/she should take it off. Then you question where he got the image from and who.

There's no biggie. Just talk to them. Explain the legal issues and your rights as invasion of your privacy and if they still refuse, you will HAVE to take legal actions and the resulting consequences can not be good for him/her.

If it's just someone you know... then have anything happened that may have caused this occurance to take place. Like.. grudges.. etc.

Yes this is a so called "friend", the image is not morally wrong if it was msn would have removed it already. I have just emailed the person again, I hope they will cooperate this time.

justme007

Christian Darrall said:
again? what did you say in the first email
Well I have told them more than once at different times. I tell them to remove it because I do not want that image on the internet and that they did not ask my permission in the first place. The person refuses to take it down every time I tell them to...now I have emailed again and they seem to be ignoring me.

computerhakk

VIP Member
You should be very careful.. if they decide to take action first.. then you know.. tables get turned..

Why? Did you know they can sue you for annoying them on the internet? Yup..

So like I said.. just go confront them..

confront -> nothing happens -> legal case

justme007

computerhakk said:
You should be very careful.. if they decide to take action first.. then you know.. tables get turned..

Why? Did you know they can sue you for annoying them on the internet? Yup..

So like I said.. just go confront them..

confront -> nothing happens -> legal case

hmm... annoying them on the internet? They are the one who is annoying me, and if I am annoying them it is their fault because if they would just cooperate in the first place then they would not have to be annoyed

Trizoy said:
So can we see a link to the picture? :)

(had to ask)

nope :)

Burgon said:
He can do what ever he wants with it unless you have the privacy policy for it. sorry

well I really don't think so, that is very unfair.

Last edited:

computerhakk

VIP Member
justme007 said:
hmm... annoying them on the internet? They are the one who is annoying me, and if I am annoying them it is their fault because if they would just cooperate in the first place then they would not have to be annoyed
yeah, that's why i said if he decided to first.. then... tables turned.

now...

why wont u just go confront him/her instead of here because it seems as if you've received most of the input already and it seems that there are very few possibilities... stop trying to email him since it's not working..

justme007

computerhakk said:
yeah, that's why i said if he decided to first.. then... tables turned.

now...

why wont u just go confront him/her instead of here because it seems as if you've received most of the input already and it seems that there are very few possibilities... stop trying to email him since it's not working..

Do you meant confront like in person? I have confronted this person online. I really do appreciate the input from you and everyone else on this , thanks.

AMD gs player said:
its against privacy laws if they post ur photot up with out your permission u can have him charged

This is what I have been thinking from the beginning... would you (or anyone else) happen to know any links or websites that show the internet/privacy laws for Canada? thanks.

Last edited: