Phenom II x6's

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I cant seem to find any on Ebuyer for pre-order....sorry for all the questions but im excited :p.....going back to AMD will be nice.

Anyone know what the UK pricing is going to be? Partically on the Phenom II X6 1075T & Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ive got the urge to build a new system now...something along the lines of Phenom 2 X6....Not sure which one.
some fast ram (1600Mhz DDR3...can the X6 take tripple channel or not?
Id love an SSD...But theyre just too much still...probably go Raid 0.

EDIT:According to this site the prices will be..

1090T Black Edition: 125(W), AM3 Socket, 9MB Cache, 3.2 GHz Freq @ $295 USD =£192
1055T: 125(W), AM3 Socket, 9MB Cache, 2.8 GHz Freq @ $199 USD = £130

Not sure if they are genuine prices though.
http://alienbabeltech.com/main/?p=16214

I hope that's true, then people will be selling their x4's for cheap then! :p

Try and grab yourself a bargian X4 965 be :):good:....theyre great processors.

Last edited:

CrayonMuncher

that does look nice, and i bet the pricing is going to be a fair bit cheaper than the new i7, shame that it still uses the 45 nm process a shift to 32nm would have been interesting, looking forward to some proper reviews :)
found this website with pricing showing prices from bahrain and norwegian retailers
prices translated into dollars are:
1090T Black Edition: $385 in norway and $295 in bahrain
1055T: $268 in norway and $199 in bahrain
also says release is april 27th

http://www.overclock3d.net/news/cpu_mainboard/some_phenom_ii_x6_pricing_and_release_dates_revealed/1

bomberboysk

Ive got the urge to build a new system now...something along the lines of Phenom 2 X6....Not sure which one.
some fast ram (1600Mhz DDR3...can the X6 take tripple channel or not?
Id love an SSD...But theyre just too much still...probably go Raid 0.

EDIT:According to this site the prices will be..

1090T Black Edition: 125(W), AM3 Socket, 9MB Cache, 3.2 GHz Freq @ $295 USD =£192
1055T: 125(W), AM3 Socket, 9MB Cache, 2.8 GHz Freq @ $199 USD = £130

Not sure if they are genuine prices though.
http://alienbabeltech.com/main/?p=16214

Try and grab yourself a bargian X4 965 be :):good:....theyre great processors.

Remember, USD does not directly correlate with what it will be in £ or €. A good example is the GTX4X0 line of cards, $499 for a 480 here in the states, and the same numerical value in € (€499). For computer hardware, a good rule of thumb is $1 USD = €1 at launch.

linkin

VIP Member
I think i will switch over to AMD at some point... I jsut learned of intels new plans... a new socket in 2011... talk about short lifespan :(

bomberboysk

I think i will switch over to AMD at some point... I jsut learned of intels new plans... a new socket in 2011... talk about short lifespan :(

Yeah, intel stayed with 775 for years,then switched, now they are going to switch....again.

AMD will inevitably need a new socket at one point though as well.

StrangleHold

Staff member
I might get one. Was going to hold out till Bulldozer, but for the price these X6s are selling at. I mean, a 1090T X6 at 3.2 and unlocked for 300 bucks. Dont know if I can pass that up. lol.

On a side thing. Pretty sure the first Bulldozers will be AM3. But the CPU/GPU/Fusion processor will have a new socket.

Last edited:

bomberboysk

I might get one. Was going to hold out till Bulldozer, but for the price these X6s are selling at. I mean, a 1090T X6 at 3.2 and unlocked for 300 bucks. Dont know if I can pass that up. lol.

On a side thing. Pretty sure the first Bulldozers will be AM3. But the CPU/GPU/Fusion processor will have a new socket.

Im sort of stuck on what to do personally, as i want to go with bulldozer when it comes out, but i also sort of want to get a dual socket magny cours board with two 8 core cpu's, and then another part of me wants to get one of these, and yet another is telling me not to upgrade at all hehe.

ScottALot

I wonder if MicroCenter will get some and sell them for cheap...

Just a quick note, DDR3 is required, right?

Rit

I think it will need DDR3,Not quite sure...what i realy want to know is if you can run tripple channel ram like on a i7 system,Or if it will be Dual channel.

I could see them starting off with dual channels, but then make a few triple channels.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Im sort of stuck on what to do personally, as i want to go with bulldozer when it comes out, but i also sort of want to get a dual socket magny cours board with two 8 core cpu's, and then another part of me wants to get one of these, and yet another is telling me not to upgrade at all hehe.

The 960T doesnt look bad either. Runs at 3.3ghz, seems if your lucky it unlocks to a X6. Depending on the price.

I wonder if MicroCenter will get some and sell them for cheap...

Just a quick note, DDR3 is required, right?

I think it will need DDR3,Not quite sure...what i realy want to know is if you can run tripple channel ram like on a i7 system,Or if it will be Dual channel.

They are AM2+/AM3. Dual Channel. Gigabyte has updated most of there AM3 boards. I have a GA MA790X UD4P DDR2 board too and it hasnt been updated yet.

That is if you all are talking about the Thuban, its just a 6 core Deneb. Now the Bulldozer will be a different story. From what I understand the first Bulldozer drops the DDR2 controller and its replaced by a Dual/Quad DDR3 only channel controller.

Last edited:

bomberboysk

The 960T doesnt look bad either. Runs at 3.3ghz, seems if your lucky it unlocks to a X6. Depending on the price.

They are AM2+/AM3. Dual Channel. Gigabyte has updated most of there AM3 boards. I have a GA MA790X UD4P DDR2 board too and it hasnt been updated yet.

That is if you all and talking about the Thuban, its just a 6 core Deneb. Now the Bulldozer will be a different story. From what I understand the first Bulldozer drops the DDR2 controller and its replaced by a Dual/Quad DDR3 only channel controller.

There was alot of speculation regarding dropping of DDR2 support with the X6's, but just as stranglehold said, they are just 6 core Deneb's. And yeah, bulldozer will be dropping DDR2 support from what i understand.

linkin

VIP Member
Well at least it means that we won't have to buy new memory because it's really expensive right now... i remember when you could buy 2gb of DDR2 800 for $23 (one stick)!!