Phone thread! Smart phone junkies!

ChrisUlrich

Anyone familiar with the Droid X or Samsung Fascinate?

I have an iphone 4 and I love it! But I just can't stand AT&T! Dropping calls everytime i'm on the phone while driving. Or even if i'm walking around my house! Just some fyi... all of my iphones have done this. Not just my 4. But now there are finally some real options to look at.

Those are the only two phones I am considering to swap too since they are both Verizon! So all you Spring and T Mobile fanboi's can rest here!

just a noob

I have a Droid X, it's a pretty kewl phone. No Droid 2.2 on it yet(no idea why, the droid 2 has it).Verizon's service is decent where I live(middle of nowhere).

joh06937

I have a Droid X, it's a pretty kewl phone. No Droid 2.2 on it yet(no idea why, the droid 2 has it).Verizon's service is decent where I live(middle of nowhere).

same with me. to be honest i don't EVER get dropped calls unless in a massively concrete building or in a concrete tunnel. other than that i don't ever have service issues (and i have been up north in the middle of nowhere too).

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I currently have a Samsung Propel Pro running WM6.1 and I like it fair enough, but it's just becoming too slow for me these days. I never really wanted an iPhone cause everyone and their mother has one, but my father got an iPhone 4 and I love it! I'll see what can happen when I replace my phone under warranty. (It doesn't vibrate anymore and I've had it less than a year)

speedyink

VIP Member
I love my HTC Legend running 2.2. Android also kicks the crap out of iOS. Booo-urns to a boring, static home page with only icons.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I was looking on Newegg at the unlocked phones they sell. They have the Motorola Droid that is compatible with AT&T! If I had the money I'd buy it, cause it's a very nice phone!

G25r8cer

I love my Samsung Intercept! Android 2.1 loaded and is comfirmed getting 2.2! Moment will not. I am personally not a fan of the droid. It is way too big for a packet esp with a case.

Ethan3.14159

Neither.. I recommend a HTC Desire. I've never been a fan of Samsung's or Motorola's build quality. And the Droid X was basically made just to keep the Droid buzz going between the release of the Droid and the Droid 2.

bomberboysk

I've had some experience with the Samsung Epic...really nice phone, and its 4G if your in a 4G service area, plus you can't beat Sprints prices for smartphone plans.

speedyink

VIP Member
What's rooting? Can you root the Fascinate? I decided that's what i'm getting.

Rooting pretty much unlocks the root files on your phone, allowing you to install programs that access those files. It also allows you do install various custom or vanilla roms which is on par to installing an OS on a computer. For more information about rooting and the things you can do with the fascinate nothing really beats these forums. And yes, btw it's possible to root it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=718

I've linked you to the section on your phone.

Neither.. I recommend a HTC Desire. I've never been a fan of Samsung's or Motorola's build quality. And the Droid X was basically made just to keep the Droid buzz going between the release of the Droid and the Droid 2.

HTC is the bomb. I love my Legend.

Last edited:

G25r8cer

I've had some experience with the Samsung Epic...really nice phone, and its 4G if your in a 4G service area, plus you can't beat Sprints prices for smartphone plans.

2nd that you cant beat them (prices)

We have 4 lines on a contract with Sprint

Includes:

1500min
Unlim nights & Weekends
Unlim mobile to mobile
Unlim text and web
Free roaming in U.S.

All of that on 4 smartphones for only $150 a month

1 single web plan on at&t or Verizon would be $80+ a month