Photo Tournament - Lost take 2

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Rules:

Playing this tournament is simple:

A tournament involves 10 different members max.
The winner of the last tournament will give a theme, and those who want to participate will post their pictures (Only one per person). AGAIN NO MORE THAN 10 PARTICIPANTS PER POST.

When all participant have entered the tournament and sent their picture ( PLEASE USE LINKS) we will create another post to vote on the best picture.

So in brief:

1) Users who want to participate submit their picture by links.
2) After ten participants have entered the tournament, a second post will be made with a poll to vote on the best picture.
3) If entering a slightly computer manipulated photo, please post the original along with it so users who are voting can see the difference.

Winners will simply be the one who gets the most votes. He/she will then create another post and propose a different theme for another tournament.

Please resize your pictures to 800 x 600 (or at least a photo of a decent size. Nothing too big.)
This tournament will have 5 days of voting.

You are permitted to change your image but if you could just change the URL in your original post and leave an edited comment with it.

*New Rules*
-No spot saving, you will only be counted if you have a picture.
-Only ONE picture may be posted at a time, if you decide to change it, edit the original post.

Thank you and good luck all.

-----
OK, we'll make this simple. No alterations are allowed beside very minor tweaks. Cropping, minor color tweaks, levels and such.

Most of you know I'm into exploration and all, so I'm extending it to this tourney. The basic idea is something being abandoned. It could be a building, a vehicle, or even some random object. Be creative, use your imagination!

Here's my photo :)

(√ is a check, well a 'root' sign, on my Macintosh. I'm not sure if it'll show up on PCs :p Just sorta keeping up with who's entered)

The_Other_One √
speedyink √
vroom_skies √
tidyboy21 √
Kornowski √
Halian √
4NGU$ √
webbenji √
-----
jimmymac
TFT

Last edited:

Kornowski

VIP Member
You closed the other thread, so now I have to upload my image again :rolleyes:

I don't have another version of my image, this is the original...

picture511sr9.jpg

Kornowski

VIP Member
im out then ...

Surely you have some un-edited pictures you can enter, you're doing a photography course....

C'mon, I know you have some, like Bob said, use some of the ones you took the other day ;)

Last edited:

tidyboy21

I'm entering this one again, same as I did in the previous post. The only editing I did was; levels adjustments, slight toning, and a bit of sharpening. Anyway, I thought this was a photographic comp, not to see how good everyone is in Photoshop! There are a lot of other things to be taken into consideration other than editing the image; composition, point of focus, sharpness (if the start image is not in focus then it can't be sharpened to make it look better) how good the image is technically (there are rules and guidelines in every area of photography, whether it be landscape or portraiture). Most important of all, try to think what is it about the image grabs your attention. I think that everyone should be paying more attention to these points other than whether the image has been edited or not.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z198/tidyboy21/Gate2.jpg
Gate2.jpg

The_Other_One

VIP Member
i changed it to black and white but if your going to be that picky i will change it to the colour one

Damnit no editing! Hah, nah, B&W's fine. I really like that picture, too. I was trying to remember if I had any pictures with sun beams in them. They can be fairly hard to capture...

Oh, and please, no more pictures until we confirm the previous contestants don't wish to re-enter.

Last edited:

TFT

VIP Member
Ok, I got onto this thread not realising there was a previous one,(now I know what Lost 2 means). Give me the boot if there's too many :)

4NGU$

VIP Member
Angus FTW. Good job buddy.

thanks man :)

took it yesterday when i was out with my GF before i said something stupid :eek::(

Edit : vroom i like yours its really soft and i like the road leading away and the contours in the road really make the shot :) but i always love shots that lead you away

Last edited:

Kornowski

VIP Member
took it yesterday when i was out with my GF before i said something stupid

What happened man, you mentioned something on the phone before, PM if you get the chance!

Great pictures (as usual) should be another good one! :D

vroom_skies

VIP Member
Edit : vroom i like yours its really soft and i like the road leading away and the contours in the road really make the shot :) but i always love shots that lead you away

Thanks. the funny think about that shot is that it was basically a fluke.