Photo Tourney - Camouflage

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras, Webcams and Scanners' started by Virssagòn, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Virssagòn

Virssagòn VIP Member

CURRENT THEME

Camouflage

(I think it's clear with this one, you can submit anything that has to do with this word.)

HOW IT WORKS

This tournament involves a maximum of 11 participants: the winner of the previous tournament (this member has a spot saved) and 10 other members. After all participants have uploaded their entries, another thread with a poll will be created in the Off Topic Chat Sub-forum. Then for a period of 4 days, all forum members can vote for their favorite entries. After the poll ends, the participant with the most votes is declared the winner and can then choose a new theme for the next tournament and create a new thread in the Digital Imaging Sub-Forum under these guidelines.

RULES
    • No self-voting.
    • No spot saving.
    • Only one entry per participant.
    • If entry is too large, please resize to an acceptable resolution.
    • Submissions that have previously won a tournament are not accepted.

ADDITIONAL GUIDELINES

Unless the poll was created to break a tie, please make the poll multi-vote.
    If you wish to change your submission, do not create a new post. Please edit your original post.

Any member is allowed to create the voting thread but only the winner (or anyone assigned by the winner) can create a new-theme thread.

My submission:

[​IMG]

(If the theme has been taken before, plz tell me.)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  2. voyagerfan99

voyagerfan99 Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again Staff Member

We allow repeats ya know :p Though I'm not sure if we've ever dome this theme or not.

3. Ankur

Ankur Active Member

4. Virssagòn

Virssagòn VIP Member

Yep, nice one!

5. spirit

spirit Moderator Staff Member

I've not had the time to have a good look for a photo, but I don't think I've got anything for this, sorry. :(

6. PCunicorn

PCunicorn Active Member

Oh well we don't really care spirit. In fact why don't you just get off the thread?

Lol JK :p

7. spirit

Coming to think of it I might have a photo of an alligator which could work. I'll have a look later on. ;)

8. PCunicorn

PCunicorn Active Member

What did I say? Get off the thread! :D

9. Fatback

Fatback VIP Member

Hows this?

[​IMG]

10. TFT

TFT VIP Member

How's what :p

I like that :good:

11. Virssagòn

Virssagòn VIP Member

Seems I picked the wrong theme or something :D, it takes long to get more participants..

12. Virssagòn

Virssagòn VIP Member

Very good! :p

13. Punk

Punk Moderator Staff Member

I have nothing for this tournament, yet :)

14. spirit

Difficult theme I guess. ;)

15. mr.doom

mr.doom Member

Here is my contribution :)

[​IMG]

16. tremmor

tremmor Well-Known Member

I liked all seen so far. I have a question though. was this taken with a macro lens?
    If it did or didn't i bought one and not used yet. Do i have to use a tripod to use it?
    thanks
    nice pictures.....got to get into this.

17. spirit

It could have been taken with a zoom lens at a long focal length. Some zoom lenses when used at long focal lengths can produce awesome 'bokeh' which is when the background is nicely blurred out, like in the photo above. :D

You can see some photos I've taken with my zoom lens here http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonbrown2013/sets/72157633401330395/ some of the photos look like they could have been taken with a macro lens. Also note the 'bokeh' in some of the photos. ;)

Rob, will you accept this entry for the tourney? :D

[​IMG]
    Earlham Crematorium Gardens, Norwich - Explore (May 18th 2013) by JasonBrown2013, on Flickr

18. mr.doom

mr.doom Member

Hi, it was taken with Canon 100-400mm L lens, zoomed all the way to 400mm. Now, you should always use tripod, except for only situations when you really can't. I can reassure you, that no matter how stable your hand is, at that focal length, you will have slim chances of getting a super sharp photo.

As for the macro lens - get to using it :) Those can produce some fantastic details! :good:

19. spirit

Eh if you've got image stabilization on your lens then it's not essential to use a tripod. I've got VR (vibration reduction) on my Nikkor 55-300 and I can use it handheld without a problem at 300mm and get some nice, sharp shots. All the photos in the link which I posted yesterday in response to Tremmor's post were taken handheld and most at long focal lengths.

Though of course, a tripod will help you get a better shot but in some situations it can be a pain to use.

Anybody else got any more submissions for this theme?

20. Virssagòn

Virssagòn VIP Member

Yes spirit, that will do it.

Lol, I imagine they were popular people under the ground there ;P