Photo Tourney Discussion

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras, Webcams and Scanners' started by voyagerfan99, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Geoff

Geoff VIP Member

Whatever happened to vroom_skis?

2. Punk

Punk Moderator Staff Member

Should we try to bring this back?

3. Darren

Darren Moderator Staff Member

I'd probably throw down some shots off my G4 if we had this going again. Not that I expect to win with a smartphone but should at least give me something to practice shooting with. :D

4. Punk

Punk Moderator Staff Member

Looking at the number of responses this is getting I don't think we'll have much participation... I'll try one though, I'll set it up tonight.

Geoff likes this.
  5. spirit

spirit Moderator Staff Member

I'm a bit late to the dicussion, I saw the posts in the mod chat too. I really liked these a few years ago but how many members do we have now who would participate? We used to have people like ramodkk (Omar) and vroom_skies (Bobby) and Fatback and MBGraphics and mx344 and several others who were active members and into photography and entered, but they don't seem so active now. :(

@Darren, it's not about the camera or phone, it's about the person behind it. I like to think I've done some great stuff with my Nokia Lumia 930, which is 3 years old this year (see https://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonbrown2013/albums/72157653146696254) and there are even whole competitions dedicated to smartphone photography now. In quite a lot of ways, my Lumia 930 and a most other smartphones on the market now are better 'point and shoot' cameras than the old 'dedicated' low-end 'point and shoot' cameras (if you get what I mean? :D The image quality from my 930 owns the FujiFilm S4000 that I 'learned' photography with).

6. voyagerfan99

voyagerfan99 Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again Staff Member

I don't even take my camera out much these days unfortunately.

7. Geoff

Geoff VIP Member

Switch to a smaller mirrorless! Or just get rid of the bulky camera grip and only use it when needed.

8. voyagerfan99

That's not nearly the problem unfortunately.

9. Geoff

Geoff VIP Member

What's the problem? I found myself not wanting to carry around a bulky DSLR. Is there another reason?

10. voyagerfan99

No time :p

Punk likes this.
  11. speedyink

speedyink VIP Member

Did I miss the new tournament? It's been years since I entered one of these..

12. voyagerfan99

We haven't had one in well over two years.