Photo Tourney: Dusk

Kornowski

VIP Member
Here we go.

Rules:
Playing this tournament is simple:

A tournament involves 11 different members max.
The winner of the last tournament will give a theme, and those who want to participate will post their pictures (Only one per person). Please, No more than eleven participants total.

When all participants have entered their picture in the tournament (please submit a link along with your picture), I will then create another thread to vote on the pictures via a poll. Located in the Off Topic sub forum.

Further Rules:
- No spot saving; you will only be counted if you have a picture submitted.
- Only one picture may be posted at a time, if you decide to change it, please edit the original post.
- No posting an image that has previously won a competition.
- When voting you are not allowed to vote for your own submission.

So in brief:
- Users who wish to participate please post your image within this thread followed by a link to the image source.
- If entering a slightly computer manipulated photo, please post the original along with it so users who are voting can see the difference.
- After eleven participants have entered the tournament, a second thread will be made with a poll to vote on the pictures.

Winners will simply be the one who gets the most votes (please no voting for yourself). He/she will then create another thread in which they propose a different theme for the next tournament.

Please resize your pictures to an acceptable resolution.
This tournament will have 5 days of voting.

You are permitted to change your image but if you could just change the URL in your original post and leave an edited comment with it.

Have fun & enjoy.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7309/11757373964_7f1ea9865c_b.jpg
11757373964_7f1ea9865c_b.jpg

spirit

Staff member
This was taken at dusk - you can tell from purple skies (if it's not what you had in mind let me know and I'll change).

8438038563_972ff7fb23_b.jpg

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I'm reprocessing an HDR.

EDIT: Enjoy. It's a 15 shot HDR

t0j4sp.jpg

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
That's what I do too, but I took multiple shots at varying exposure levels ;)

Oh I just take one shot and then export it at 3 different exposures in Lightroom. That way you save time whilst shooting and you're always guaranteed to get the same image.

spirit

Staff member
If I may suggest, add some sharpness. If you use Photomatix, I always put my sharpness on medium after the processing :)

I have a feeling he uses the Merge to HDR feature in Photoshop (which I don't like or use, Photomatix FTW for HDRs! :D )

G80FTW

I have so many to use for this....but I like this one:

Im trying different hosting websites now that ImageShack has left me :mad:

I have a feeling he uses the Merge to HDR feature in Photoshop (which I don't like or use, Photomatix FTW for HDRs! :D )

I still havent found a good way to do HDR in CS6. Every time I try they never turn out good at all. Iv taken 3-5 pictures before and tried to merge them using the feature you mentioned. Then I tried just to blend them in separate layers. I might look into other HDR programs.

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
I still havent found a good way to do HDR in CS6. Every time I try they never turn out good at all. Iv taken 3-5 pictures before and tried to merge them using the feature you mentioned. Then I tried just to blend them in separate layers. I might look into other HDR programs.

HDR in Photoshop sucks. I like Photomatix. :)

G80FTW

HDR in Photoshop sucks. I like Photomatix. :)

I dont want to give up though. Iv been using photoshop for so many years, Im sure there is a way to do it so that it looks good its probably just overly complicated and I havent figured it out yet :D