Photo Tourney - The Sun, Moon. and Stars

Fatback

VIP Member
CURRENT THEME: The Sun, Moon, and Stars

Pretty simple one. Any photo of the sun, moon, or stars

HOW IT WORKS

This tournament involves a maximum of 11 participants: the winner of the previous tournament (this member has a spot saved) and 10 other members. After all participants have uploaded their entries, another thread with a poll will be created in the Off Topic Chat Sub-forum. Then for a period of 4 days, all forum members can vote for their favorite entries. After the poll ends, the participant with the most votes is declared the winner and can then choose a new theme for the next tournament and create a new thread in the Digital Imaging Sub-Forum under these guidelines.

RULES
No self-voting.
No spot saving.
Only one entry per participant.
If entry is too large, please resize to an acceptable resolution.
Submissions that have previously won a tournament are not accepted.

ADDITIONAL GUIDELINES

Unless the poll was created to break a tie, please make the poll multi-vote.
If you wish to change your submission, do not create a new post. Please edit your original post.

Any member is allowed to create the voting thread but only the winner (or anyone assigned by the winner) can create a new-theme thread.

Mine:
7903838654_fa5bfe9e8c_b.jpg

Virssagòn

VIP Member
I want to be at home... I got such nice pics of the sun on the cliffs here in Portugal, I'm back today, but I'm going on a camp directly after my arrival ;P

xarik

How do you guys get such good pictures of the moon??? It always looks tiny on my t3i with my sad lenses :p (50mm 1.8 Canon II)....I really want an image like the hosts image?!

Fatback

VIP Member
How do you guys get such good pictures of the moon??? It always looks tiny on my t3i with my sad lenses :p (50mm 1.8 Canon II)....I really want an image like the hosts image?!

Your going to need a lot longer lens. I used a 70-210mm for that photo. Factor in my crop sensor and that made the lens a 105-315mm. So really that photo was take at 315mm plus I did about a 30% crop to get a little closer. Get you a good 300mm or longer telephoto lens and you can get some decent shots of the moon.

Here is one taken at 432mm also with about a 30% crop http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4026/4630172527_d84bce6f1e_b.jpg

spirit

Staff member
I'm going to have a try a moon shot with my 55-300 lens. My body is a crop factor too, 1.5x or 1.6x I think...

xarik

Yeh, did research after I had read the post. My boss is getting a very large L lens soon for his wedding videography and said I could borrow it if I would like :D. Also I have a friend with a 70-200 F3.5 so that should do too!

Geoff

VIP Member
Yeh, did research after I had read the post. My boss is getting a very large L lens soon for his wedding videography and said I could borrow it if I would like :D. Also I have a friend with a 70-200 F3.5 so that should do too!

That's a very odd aperture for a 70-200...