PHoto Tourny - Colors Of The Rainbow

vroom_skies

VIP Member
Not all of them fill up this quickly.
Some just have very open topics that a lot of people can enter.

I don't mind increasing the entrees, however 20 is a ton. It may not sound like it, but it is lol. Not to mention it would take a good effort to set up a 20 person poll, granted not hard though. I'd say we make it around 13 or so, that seems like a solid number.

Bob

Ben

VIP Member
Not all of them fill up this quickly.
Some just have very open topics that a lot of people can enter.

I don't mind increasing the entrees, however 20 is a ton. It may not sound like it, but it is lol. Not to mention it would take a good effort to set up a 20 person poll, granted not hard though. I'd say we make it around 13 or so, that seems like a solid number.

Bob

I agree, 13 sounds alright to me. The tourny has gotten popular enough to add a few more positions.

And you are right about how not all topics fill up quickly...It just depends on how open and broad the theme is. I mean... Think about if I posted the theme "Self Portraits". I know people would have pictures of themselves(that they took), but do they have decent enough pictures that they would want to submit into a photography contest.

Hyper_Kagome

I never seem to hop on here quick enough to between sleeping and working to get into anymore contests.

~*Pets the new camera.*~ Shhh... you shall see some good use soon.

vroom_skies

VIP Member
I have a question.
If you don't have a picture that works for the topic on hand, how many of you actually go out and shoot a shot just for the tourny?

Bob

TFT

VIP Member
Ben for instance lives in the USA and when he posts the competion we in Europe and further east are in bed. How about half the contestants on one side of the water and the other half on this side. After a day or so if the numbers are not filled then it's open to all.

On the other hand we want someone to win it from here :)

TFT

VIP Member
I have a question.
If you don't have a picture that works for the topic on hand, how many of you actually go out and shoot a shot just for the tourny?

Bob

I tried to with this competition Bob but it was getting dark and I could'nt get it right. I shall have to try various subjects in the future, save them and hope that one fits the theme.

Last edited:

4NGU$

VIP Member
I have a question.

Bob

see now the problem with doing this is that by the time that you have your shot the comp is full
im a photographer so im always taking pictures so i have an extensive library
i have tried sometimes to go and get a shot but by the time i have the right one its usually full :(

Ben

VIP Member
I have a question.

Bob

With spots filling up so fast, it seems like there would be no time to do that. Unless, of course, they already submitted a photo and were wanting to change it.

Ben for instance lives in the USA and when he posts the competion we in Europe and further east are in bed. How about half the contestants on one side of the water and the other half on this side. After a day or so if the numbers are not filled then it's open to all.

On the other hand we want someone to win it from here :)

You know, I do like the sound of that idea. But if we do implement that rule, I think we should move the entries up to 14 for it to be even. 7 in the east and 7 in the west. Then like you said, if spots haven't filled up in a day, it is open to all.

Ben

VIP Member
see now the problem with doing this is that by the time that you have your shot the comp is full
im a photographer so im always taking pictures so i have an extensive library
i have tried sometimes to go and get a shot but by the time i have the right one its usually full :(

That's one of the problems. Some here have been photographers for longer than others meaning they have a much larger photo library. And when you get down to more detailed themes rather than very open topics, it becomes harder for the ones who haven't been taking quite as many photos.

I remember just a little while ago I couldn't participate in a lot of the themes held. But that was back when I only had about 5000 to 6000 pictures. Now I am pushing on almost 25,000 photos. Yeah...I think I can find a picture for almost any theme.