Photo Tourny: Jewelry

vroom_skies

VIP Member
Editing your photos is frowned upon by some people.
I am only a fan of basic editing (cropping, noise reduction). I'm not a fan of color enhancements and all that jazz, but you can keep your entry in.

Bob

If I counted correctly we then have eight entries (nine if skidude wanted a spot saved). So two spots left. I've held a sport for those who asked minus halian.
Just please get then in asap and put it in your original post.

Last edited:

brian

VIP Member
o lol. woops. ya i just added a 2 one (cant deside) i just changet the contrast and light levels and croped it.

edit: if i can have it. if you dont what me to just say. i will remove it. you are the "mod" in this case :D

Last edited:

bass76

VIP Member
I have my own ring and all, but I just can't get a pleasing picture of it. They all come out rather... meh.

Do you have macro (close-up) function on your camera? Do you have a tripod or something you can sit your camera still on for a long exposure?

bass76

VIP Member
Are you able to change exposure times and aperture?

Set your camera up on something so when you push the shutter release it doesn't move.
Make the room dark/only a little ambient light. Light a candle or two and place near the piece of jewellery. Just have a play around with exposure times and aperture. If you have trouble focusing on the subject pull the zoom right back.

Hyper_Kagome

I might give it a try then. Just gotta wait for the sun to set so I can get the light out of the room. Sure I have curtains on the window, but they only block out so much, you know?

I'm not good with the shutter times and all, but that's an Idea. I can fiddle with that until I get maybe a decent picture.

I MAY STILL BE IN THIS CONTEST. WOOO.

bass76

VIP Member
I might give it a try then. Just gotta wait for the sun to set so I can get the light out of the room. Sure I have curtains on the window, but they only block out so much, you know?

I'm not good with the shutter times and all, but that's an Idea. I can fiddle with that until I get maybe a decent picture.

I MAY STILL BE IN THIS CONTEST. WOOO.

The LCD screen should give you a fair idea of the brightness etc of the final image as you adjust the exposure time. You're probably lookin at about 10-15 second exposure time.

bass76

VIP Member
Thats a great pic. I'm sorry Hyper, I can't help but feel responsible for you spilling wax, cuz I suggested you use candles in the first place.. I'll find out how to get the wax off, what sort of fabric is it?

Hyper_Kagome

It's okay. Accidents happen. I don't know the type of fabric, but mom said she should be able to get it out.

Luckily, I have another bag that looks just like it.

Thank youuu shop.taty.ru for the free bags over a certain $$$ spent.

I already got the base of the wax off, the left over is too little or worked in to get off.

Noooo biggie. I'm sure mom can get it.