Photo Tourny: Reflection

Discussion in 'Digital Cameras, Webcams and Scanners' started by Ben, Mar 11, 2008.

1. subtle

subtle New Member

Sure I do!!
    And what's with the name change?

Yeah, been a few months i think...
    Was little busy.. I still am actually.
    But one needs to set his priorities straight ;)

2. Kornowski

Kornowski VIP Member

The name rings a bell, but I can't put my finger on it, anyway! Welcome back dude! Good thread to start in too :p

3. Ben

Ben VIP Member

Eh, Ben is my real name, so.....I dunno, just wanted something different :p

4. speedyink

speedyink VIP Member

5. 4NGU$

4NGU$ VIP Member

i changed mine :)

6. Irishwhistle

Irishwhistle New Member

Drat! I'm late!!! :mad: If I did miscount can you save a spot for me? Thanks!

7. Ben

Ben VIP Member

There's only 9. Plus 2 entries don't even count in my eyes, so technically 7.

8. MBGraphics

MBGraphics VIP Member

Does mine count Ben?
    Just wondering, let me know if it doesnt and i'll take it off for you to end any confusion.

9. Ben

Ben VIP Member

It counts, it IS a reflection :p But there are 2 in here that are not.

10. Campo

Campo banned

Is this one any better Ben?

[​IMG]

11. tidyboy21

tidyboy21 New Member

Hope I'm not too late? Now, this one is a bit different so I will explain how I got the shot, most of you will be thinking I just did it in Photoshop else! I laid out some CD's and reflected a music symbol on to them. The music symbol I printed and cut out, stuck it on the side of a soft box (Google soft box if you don't know what one is). Pretty effective eh.

[​IMG]

12. Campo

Campo banned

VERY effective mate

13. Ben

Ben VIP Member

Ehh...not really, I don't see it as a "reflection"

14. Nightrain

Nightrain New Member

If I can find some of my old pics I'll submit one. Kinda funny though how bit-tech just had a photo contest with the exact same theme. There were some pretty creative entries so it should be interesting to see what us CF guys can bring to the table :p.

15. Verve

Verve New Member

Well, here's mine. I never thought I'd have a suitable pic for the competitions but hey :)

There is nothing but water on the bottom half of the picture, it just the ceiling being reflected on the water surface:
    [​IMG]

16. Ben

Ben VIP Member

Okay people, I'm giving this one more day to get your entries in. There is only 1 spot left. Here are the people I am counting in this tourny

1. Ben
    2. Speedyink
    3. 4NGU$
    4. vroom_skies
    5. MBGraphics
    6. Kornowski
    7. subtle
    8. tidyboy21
    9. Starwarsman

@ webbenji -

First off, I wouldn't really count yours as a reflection, second off, I believe you have used that same picture in two tournys already. I don't really care if they are 3 different pictures, they all look the same to me. I know that may be a bit harsh, but I just don't see that as being fair game.

If you want to take the last spot, and submit a different picture that fits the theme, fine. Otherwise, I'm not counting you.

@ Campo -

Got anything that resembles an actual reflection? I don't see those pictures you posted fitting the theme.

17. massahwahl

massahwahl VIP Member

Theres my vote! Awesome, Awesome unique idea!

18. massahwahl

massahwahl VIP Member

Just out of curiosity, when it comes to these tournaments is it ok to use photoshop to edit exposure or lighting settings?

19. Ben

Ben VIP Member

I would like to see the original before the edit if you did something like that. But I usually would only allow cropping and straightening. It really depends on who is running the tourny also.

20. massahwahl

massahwahl VIP Member

Ok, I was just wandering for future reference. I may enter this one if that spot is still open tonight when I get my flashbox built! :D