Photoshop CS3 COnfiguration Incorrect

I've been using Adobe Photoshop CS3 Master Collection for awhile now to do graphic design stuff, but suddenly it's started giving me problems. I did a clean install of XP Pro SP3 a little while ago (it was time) and everything was working fine, including photoshop. Then, all of a sudden, any time i tried to run an adobe application (including Acrobat) i would get the error:

The application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

and i'll tell you now, reinstalling the application does not fix this problem.

it was workin fine with SP3 up until recently. and it's a corporate version i got from a friend i used to work with, so i wouldn't need to activate and could still get a free copy; this stuff is absurdly expensive.

edit: do you think using WindowBlinds could affect it?

so it's not WindowBlinds, i've tried disabling that to no effect. i heard something about this happening to other programs and it had to do with the manifest file. does anyone have any idea how to correct an error like this on any program? i draw my own webcomic, or try to at least, and i lost all my old ones, plus the work i had done on the new ones when my backup didn't copy properly before i reformatted (my own fault for not checking it before erasing everything) so i need to redo everything, which i can't until i can get the programs to work. illustrator's the more important one, but it'd be nice to get everything else working too, especially photoshop and premiere pro.