Photoshop Help

Serenade_Me

<b>VIP Member</b>
for some odd reason whenever I try to photoshop something lately it doesn't do anything. Like, when I select an area and then double click an object: nothing. When I want to use the paint brush: nothing. So, how do I reset my photoshop to the originial settings? or just turn that one thing off?

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Yeah, do a reinstall or maybe a system restore to an earlier date. Also, when you run the setup for it, do you have a Repair option? I can't recall if PS has the option or not...

alexandergre

did you change anything from the settings?
there are few things that you have to control:
control if the opacity of the brush is set to 100%,
if the opacity of the layer is 100% and the blending mode is normal.
when I select an area and then double click an object: nothing.
double click in photoshop is ctrl+D which means deselect. what do you mean?
and do not reinstall. search what is wrong so the next time you know how to fix it. :)
also reinstalling takes time. lot of time. (it ADOBE)

Serenade_Me

<b>VIP Member</b>
I was messing with some of the setting but I have no clue what I did to undo it. I checked the main settings and the opacity of the brush and the layer is set to 100 and the blending mode is normal. So I'm kinda lost.

And what I meant about that selection tool thing was you know when you crop something out? and you select the whole picture and then double click the smaller, cropped image so that it closes in? For some reason I can't do that.

this sucks. I wanna do the photoshop comp. :(

Serenade_Me

<b>VIP Member</b>
k. I was clicking around and there was a "reset all preferences" option so I did that and it's STILL acting weird. I don't get it. I guess I'll just have to reinstall.