Photoshop

Joker37

Hi everybody!

I've have a written a letter that I now only have in hardcopy (not on the computer anymore) and I need the dates that I have put changed to something else.

I have lost the electronic version of this letter and so I cannot reprint it and I'm wondering if there is any way that I can possibly retain everything that's in the letter while altering the date in anyway.

I have been told that there is something called photoshop that may be able to do this but what exactly is it? Can I get it for free? If so, where? And how do I use it?

Any help/advice regarding how I can fix my problem would be appreciated!

dellxps420

banned
Hi everybody!

I've have a written a letter that I now only have in hardcopy (not on the computer anymore) and I need the dates that I have put changed to something else.

I have lost the electronic version of this letter and so I cannot reprint it and I'm wondering if there is any way that I can possibly retain everything that's in the letter while altering the date in anyway.

I have been told that there is something called photoshop that may be able to do this but what exactly is it? Can I get it for free? If so, where? And how do I use it?

photoshop is a editing programme no you can not get it for free you will have to buy it from your local electronic shop or online im pretty sure you will be able to do it adobe photo shop is a very popular programme do some research on it before purchasing it as its not easy to use the latest one atm is adobe photoshop cs5 hope this helps

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Hi everybody!

You can scan it and change it back into editable text form. And you can download the free 30 day trial of Photoshop on adobe's website.

Joker37

You can scan it and change it back into editable text form. And you can download the free 30 day trial of Photoshop on adobe's website.

Do you mean by using paint? Though when you scan it and then use paint to add extra text the paper gets a bit fuzzy, well not really fuzzy but a bit unclear enough know when you print it again by someone that it wasn't the original. For example, hypothetically if it was some type of certificate I was trying to alter I'd get caught instantly.

And I am in the process of downloading that trial version of Photoshop right now. Is Photoshop easy to use? I mean will this be an easy task for me?

Nanobyte

I don't believe the question has much to do with graphics other than the word "Photoshop" was mentioned to Joker37.

Joker37, you wrote a letter (presumably in something like Word) and now only have a print of it. Two options I can think of:

1. Type the letter out again and change the dates.

2. If the letter is very long, scan the letter and use OCR to transcribe the text into Word, check the text, make changes.

If there were pictures etc then you may need a graphic editor. There are plenty around that are far quicker to install than Photoshop (and are free and can be used in the future).

Dngrsone

VIP Member
I think he means scanning it into a .pdf form, then making that form editable/printable.

That makes the assumption that you have a blank copy of the form or you photochop the offending text out of the scanned image first; and that you have Adobe Suite or similar.

Nanobyte

I think he means scanning it into a .pdf form, then making that form editable/printable.....
In pdfs you cannot edit scanned text. It will not make the text editable unless you OCR it.

You can edit in Photoshop or Adobe Acrobat (not the Reader) but then you have obviously scanned original text with sharp text over the top. It will look poor and obvious.

Joker37

I don't think I have Microsoft Office Document Imaging in my Microsoft Office Tools folder.

I got the 2007 version by the way. Should I have it?

Nanobyte

I don't think I have Microsoft Office Document Imaging in my Microsoft Office Tools folder.
I got the 2007 version by the way. Should I have it?
I had no idea, try what I did and google it.

Look at this link which refers to every Word since 2003. Briefly,

Start the scanning component
On the Windows Start menu, point to All Programs (Programs in Windows 2000), point to Microsoft Office, point to Microsoft Office Tools, and then click Microsoft Office Document Scanning.......

Start the imaging component
On the Windows Start menu, point to All Programs (Programs in Windows 2000), point to Microsoft Office, point to Microsoft Office Tools, and then click Microsoft Office Document Imaging........

If you don't have it your scanner may have OCR or you can find freeware to do it.

Joker37

I had no idea, try what I did and google it.

Look at this link which refers to every Word since 2003. Briefly,

Start the scanning component
On the Windows Start menu, point to All Programs (Programs in Windows 2000), point to Microsoft Office, point to Microsoft Office Tools, and then click Microsoft Office Document Scanning.......

Start the imaging component
On the Windows Start menu, point to All Programs (Programs in Windows 2000), point to Microsoft Office, point to Microsoft Office Tools, and then click Microsoft Office Document Imaging........

If you don't have it your scanner may have OCR or you can find freeware to do it.

Weird, my computer doesn't seem to have it.

What freeware can I find?
Are they free?

I don't really want to pay any money at the moment.

Nanobyte

Perhaps the MS Document Imaging is not part of the standard install. It may be necessary to install from the app disk.

Try googling "OCR freeware" no quotes . Here's one link. but I've not tried it. I use Omnipage but not often.