Photoshp Thread

mreccentric

Hi everyone,
I wanted to know the differences with Photoshop CS5 and older version of the same software. I'm interested in perform some of the task, that which is done in photo studio. All i wanted to know is: How CS5 edition is better/bad than previous versions. I have an older version of photoshop, is it really worth buying the new version?

I wanted to perform tasks like removing a background, changing the color of the object, etc.,

Please also recommend me any free/open-source applications like photoshop, if any.

Technoman

Other than what Chuckzwood said, nothing really. You've might as well get an older version, and just use a tutorial like I made to cut things out ad save yourself the money... I don't have CS5 and I'm doing just fine with it!

mreccentric

Here is a not too great comparison chart.

Content aware fill and a better refine edge tool are two great improvements in CS5. The improved edge finding may help you with background removal, depending upon the difficulty.

Other than what Chuckzwood said, nothing really. You've might as well get an older version, and just use a tutorial like I made to cut things out ad save yourself the money... I don't have CS5 and I'm doing just fine with it!

Thanks for all the answers. That Helped.