Picky about PSU i want to get any suggestion

scbjmshpv

Hi, i want to get new modular PSU about 700-850 watts, but i want it to have option of cable that have single SATA power adapter on one end unlike most i've seen which have 3 SATA power adapter on the end and i don't have need for it and makes cable management tough. also if it's completely modular like even 24 pin mobo connector and 4/8 pin CPU power connector are modular.

any idea which PSU have that options, or other PSU's which i can get cable i want from somewhere else or their site?

thanks
CB

daisymtc

I think most of them have 3 no. of power adapters. I don't know any modular psu only have one.

Completely modular - SeaSonic X750, SILVERSTONE ST75F-P

Last edited:

Benny Boy

I think Be Quiet Dark Pro has'em as well.
I think you'll have to mod(altho not recommended)or build your own single connector cable, inless one of the makers has them separatetly.

scbjmshpv

the problem is my case has build in SSD drive option with is kind of on top and the SATA power adapter i see in most PSU's power SATA cable is such a way that they can't be hocked to the SSD (since all power sata cable are 90 degree banded on the end and i'll have to bend them another 90 degree making whole thing 180 degree in less than an inch of space) sorry there isn't a really good way to explain this.

but i thought if any PSU had one it will have straight power sata cable which i can hook it up. well i'll turn the SSD upside down i suppose as i can't find one.

Aastii

VIP Member
You can use just the SATA connector on the end of the cable, that isn't at the 90* that you are on about, it is straight.

What are the specs of the system you will be using it in?
What is your budget?
What size case will you be using?

Apoc

Hi, i want to get new modular PSU about 700-850 watts, but i want it to have option of cable that have single SATA power adapter on one end unlike most i've seen which have 3 SATA power adapter on the end and i don't have need for it and makes cable management tough. also if it's completely modular like even 24 pin mobo connector and 4/8 pin CPU power connector are modular.

any idea which PSU have that options, or other PSU's which i can get cable i want from somewhere else or their site?
thanks
CB

Right here http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-CMPSU-750HX-Professional-Certified-compatible/dp/B0029F21LK/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1304809793&sr=1-5
51v%2Bbe16e7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The design of it allows you to use only the cables you need by pluging them in to the power supply or not. For $140 that is.

linkin

VIP Member
I bought a Silverstone Strider ST60-FP which is fully modular:

SilverStone_Strider_Plus_SST-ST60F-P_600W_PSU_front.jpg

As a matter of fact, silverstone states this PSU can handle multi-gpu setups. It has enough GPU connections, so I'd assume it could very well do so.