Picts in Win 7 Show Icons Not Contents

Da Mail Man

Greetings,

Using Windows 7 Ultimate.....
Firefox as browser......
enough ram and hard drive space....

When I went from WIN XP (XP) to Win 7 (7), any pictures (jpeg or others) I place anywhere (desktop or in a file folder) in my computer, only display a generic picture of sorts and does NOT display the actual picture.......The icon for the picture (and not a shortcut) displays a generic picture of something else.....

Tooling around on the net has given me no results and, believe it is a 7 issue.......HOW do I get "icons" of various pictures to display the picture content instead of a generic pict on every picture??....Looking for an un-labeled picture having a number as a name is very difficult...Thanks.

Attachments

• icons showing no pict content.jpg
    icons showing no pict content.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 4

Da Mail Man

Thanks for the reply!...
Whooo - hooo!, IT WORKS..........THE REDIRECTED PAGE ASKS THE QUESTION ALMOST IDENTICAL TO WHAT I ASKED YET, I DID NOT FIND/SEE IT...thanks again!:)

Da Mail Man

I think the only thing left to do today is to find out why links sent to me via e-mail or otherwise don't work or do anything or, go any place.......Located the answer late last night as my washing machine was taking a dump so, my next mission is to find it (using thunderbird as e-mail client).