picture thumbnail problem

kiltedscotsman

hi all

i have a vast amount of pictures from my digital camera some i keep on desktop ,some in folders and also read from my memory card

the problem im now having is the actual thumbnails have changed from the actual picture to just being the icons associated to the program opening them , this is a big headache as i cant just look for the picture i want , and if i change the program for opening pictures it just gives me relavent icon , this only happend recently cant understand and cant find to change it back to showing me actual pictures any help would be great thx andy:confused:

Troncoso

VIP Member
hi all

i have a vast amount of pictures from my digital camera some i keep on desktop ,some in folders and also read from my memory card

the problem im now having is the actual thumbnails have changed from the actual picture to just being the icons associated to the program opening them , this is a big headache as i cant just look for the picture i want , and if i change the program for opening pictures it just gives me relavent icon , this only happend recently cant understand and cant find to change it back to showing me actual pictures any help would be great thx andy:confused:

If you are in Windows 7, in the file explorer you will see this:

Untitled.png

Click that icon and adjust the slider. The higher you set it, the larger the thumbnails will be.

Last edited:

kiltedscotsman

hi m8

your suggestion only increases or decreases the size of the picture icon i still cant see the picture just the programme icon representing the picture so say theres 100 pics everyone the same icon , before it was the actual pictures not the icon and i could see what pic i wanted quickly