Picture Uploading Problem

cherokee

I have a folder called pictures on my desktop. Anyway I now have 9,999 pictures in that folder. After I uploaded my new pictures off my mem. card, I copied and pasted them in my folder called pictures, which I do all of the time without any problem. Usually they automatically name themselves DSCN0001 and so on, but this time they renamed themselves DSCN00001 and it deleted my old picture that was DSCN0001. I had like 20 pictures my computer deleted. How do I make my computer rename them DSCN10000 and DSCM10001 and so on, instead of renaming them something that is already on my computer? I have already tried putting them in a new folder, and that didn't help. When they're uploaded, the computer names them, but it's naming the pics names that are already taken. By the way, I use PictureProject to upload my pics.

Also, is there a way to get my old pics back? I have checked in the recycling bin, but they're not there.

Thanks

blondie

Hi,

Sorry I can't answer the first, i'd suggest putting them into a folder, that gets round the problem. As for getting your pictures back, no, its an overwrite operation. Your only left with using data recovery software, which is hit and miss. Unless, you've volume shadow copy on. Right click on the overwritten picture, properties, if you've a versions tab your in business. Else I can't think of another way.

Regards,