Pimp My PC!

Hey guys,
New to the pc master race here;)
Just got my computer and I would like it if you guys could tell me what I could install to get the most out of it, the best monitors, any cool extras I could use to make my desktop look as cool as possible!
My budget is £200 and here are my pc's specs:
Intel pentium g3258 dual core 3.20Ghz
8Gb RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4Gb
EVGA 500w power
Asrock anniversary z97 motherboard
1TB storage
CM storm keyboard and mouse
Runs 64 bit windows
Thanks for any help you can give me :)image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Calin

I'd upgrade the CPU to an i5 with those money to be honest.
And when it comes to "cool" software, just get free stuff like Windows themes to make it look better.

_Glitch

A better monitor with adjustable height. I'll NEVER buy a monitor without height adjustment. It's a no go for me.
I'll recommend IPS. Sure TN is faster. But that depends on what kind of gamer you are.
Are you all about Multiplayer in twitch shooters, you will have to go for a TN monitor. But if you are like me, playing simply to relieve stress and/or mostly play single player games. IPS is the way to go.

A better monitor with adjustable height. I'll NEVER buy a monitor without height adjustment. It's a no go for me.
I'll recommend IPS. Sure TN is faster. But that depends on what kind of gamer you are.
Are you all about Multiplayer in twitch shooters, you will have to go for a TN monitor. But if you are like me, playing simply to relieve stress and/or mostly play single player games. IPS is the way to go.
What specific monitors would you recommend?
Thanks

_Glitch

That will be hard to recommend for me that this point. I haven't been shopping for a monitor in a while now. I bought a pretty expensive one 2 years ago.
The thing is, you can't go for a spec sheet when choosing a monitor. You will have to look up reviews. Hopefully some of the other members have a good monitor in mind.

But a good monitor is VERY important.
I have a friend with an amazing PC (we are talking Core i7 and 1080 GPU). But he still play the games on a shit monitor...... What's the point then?
It's gonna look like shit no matter what horse power you are giving the computer. I kid you not. I was playing GTA5 on his PC a week ago. It really looked like console graphics.

That will be hard to recommend for me that this point. I haven't been shopping for a monitor in a while now. I bought a pretty expensive one 2 years ago.
The thing is, you can't go for a spec sheet when choosing a monitor. You will have to look up reviews. Hopefully some of the other members have a good monitor in mind.

But a good monitor is VERY important.
I have a friend with an amazing PC (we are talking Core i7 and 1080 GPU). But he still play the games on a shit monitor...... What's the point then?
It's gonna look like shit no matter what horse power you are giving the computer. I kid you not. I was playing GTA5 on his PC a week ago. It really looked like console graphics.
Haha yes I get what you mean thanks for all your help I will keep it in mind

Jiniix

IPS will give you better colors. In a game like GTA V or Battlefield 3 (and I assume the later ones), it's a world of difference compared to normal TN monitors.
I would always recommend IPS, with the exception of the BenQ XL2411Z, which is a 144hz TN monitor. Very good for competitive FPS games and such.