Pin antivirus on right click...

arsenish

Hey guys,
I have a norton internet security and I do not think I have messed with its setting recently. Earlier, I used to get scan with Norton option when i right clicked on the folder, but it did not appear today. Is it specific to some files only, coz i have not changed any settings and it does not appear sometime.

!!!Daniel!!!

There are some certain things that will not show the quick scan when you right click, try right clicking on a simple picture or music file, if it still doesn't show, then start looking in the preferences for an option saying something about a quick scan

patrickv

norton messes up bad sometimes, even its schedule scans often does not work.
Why not just go to its control center and do it from there ? i know it's a long way to go.
If you have not change any settings then repair its installation, probably its on demande scan stopped functioning. can never know

PC eye

banned
And then there was the option of dumping Norton and going with a much better program then the typical bottom of the barrel Norton and McAfee another low ended always seem to find themselves in. A full reinstall or newer updated version might see all of that corrected fast for the time being.

!!!Daniel!!!

I was going to say that in my post....^^
Get rid of nortan, the simple and free AVG and Avast are better than nortan

PC eye

banned
During the recent articles on how AVG knocked out certain system files 3 XP systems here were running with 8.0 on and not disabled and never saw one problem right through all of that. False panic reports on AVG there.

Retail softwares like AVG Pro, Trend Micro, Kaspersky along with some others like Avast mentioned before or Nod32 Win AntiVIR typically see good reviews.