Pirate game

monoman

Hi, I'm looking for an old pirate game I used to play. By that I don't mean illegal.

All I remember is that it was a sailing/fighting game in an isometric format, and that the loading screen was a parrot sitting on a bomb where the fuse burnt down until it blew up the parrot, and the loading was finished. The fighting was purely ship-based as opposed to hand to hand combat. I cant even remember which platform TBH, but I'm 90% sure it was on PC CD-ROM some years ago.

I've searched around for a bit for pirate games, but there are quite a few and the one I'm looking for is specifically for nostalgic purposes. :)

Thanks

Archangel

VIP Member
Sid Meier's Pirate (Prirates! is the sequel to it if I remember it right) and Buccaneers (or something close to that as title) and there is another game called Tortuga.

monoman

Thank you both. I've browsed through all those options, but I don't think they are right. The closest one was Sid Meier's Pirate, however from the screen shots it doesn't look the same as what I remember...

The game was not 3D and had no 3D parts; It was fully isometric all the way through.

You basically sailed around (In not exactly 'Oceans'; The game was very streamlined, it was more like wide rivers that you sailed through) levels, coming across enemy ships who attacked you and had to be killed.

You were a single ship (Not controlling a fleet or anything i.e. strategy) and IIRC you could pick up ammo/new weapons etc at ports which were dotted around at various points on the levels. (You didn't jump ship and walk around or anything though, it was purely on the ship the whole way through).

I also remember there were things like whirlpools dotted around too, and the game was quite fast paced.

Hope you got all that :p
Mono