Planning on building a new computer need insight

Jiffyman

If you have seen my system specs you have probably thought that it's time for jiffyman to build a new copmuter well I think so too. so let me tell you what Im going to put in it.

Mobo: A open AX37 pro- Tell me if this board is good. Also since the board can't run anything higher than a 1 gig processor I guess I have to stick with that.

Video:-Tell me of some good cards for agp but they have to be at least 32 megs

I plan on putting a tv card in it too so if you can tell me of some good cards.

Hard drive:-Its going to be the same one that I have on my current pc

Ram:- Need about 512 megs for dimm slot if you can tell me of some good but cheap ram that would be nice since I'm pretty low on mu la.

And I think thats about it if you have any suggestions I am very open to them.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Not trying to be rude but what are your specs now? by the sounds of it your building a pretty low spec system so I'm not sure what it is that your planning on doing with this pc. You'll be able to play some OLD games and web surf and check your email, cant you do that now?

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Cpu: Kinda sucks 800mhrz Intel. Don't know what the revison is if there is even one.
Hard drive: Segate 160 Gigs
Video: Geforce II 64 megs Pci
Ram: 512 megs Sd ram (Don't know what company.)
Misc: Cdrom Hp CD RW, Zip drive (Can only write 100 meg.)
One last thing which runs pretty good for only having a 800mhrz processor. Vmware pretty good program I would suggest it to anybody who has wanted to run two or more operating Systems at once.

This is yours? If so it doesn't sound like upgrading components is really worth it for this one.

Edit:

Mobo: A open AX37 pro- Tell me if this board is good.

This is the board your buying to put into the system? dont you already own a 800mhz cpu? if so one that run at 1ghz is not going to make much of a difference. I've not looked up the board so i'm sorry but I dunno if it's any good ;-) but I'd think about an Asus or somthing along those lines. Seriously I think your throwing away your money in upgrades with this system... Save your cash and build a new system entirely.

Last edited:

Jiffyman

I am building a completly new system

I am going to build a completly new system. The only part I'm going to use from the old one is the hard drive.

tomprice43

But the new system probably wont be noticably from the one you have now, id say theres no point at all for you doing this.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
But the new system probably wont be noticably from the one you have now, id say theres no point at all for you doing this.

agreed 100% save your cash for somthing better.

Jiffyman

Look at the bright side of things

Look at the bright side. I get more pci slots on the AX37 pro board six to be specific now I will be able to run a real video card instead of a measly pci. On my hp 6835 I only get three pci slots and no agp slot which sucks. I will have three slots for DDR ram which is faster from what I have been told . on the 6835 I get two Ram slots and It can only support up to 256 megs of sd ram unless you get a bios update then its 512. I don't know alot about A open but atleast Im pretty sure that it's much better than any HP 6835:)

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
eh... I see where your heading with this and I can understand it ;-) but I would not do it myself :). Depending on what U spend though go for it if it makes you happy :).

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I get more pci slots on the AX37 pro board six to be specific now I will be able to run a real video card instead of a measly pci
Uhhhhhhh...

Now to deal witht he original question, whats the budget and whats the intent?

Jiffyman

Me either

Believe me If I could save up the money I would make the best system I could, but since I'm only Thirteen I can't get a job and my parents don't give me an allowance. So I have to stick with what I can get you know.

Jiffyman

Since I'm into graphics

I don't make money its a birthday present.The intent I plan on using hardware like tv cards, Modem-for making telphone calls, Sound card, and more. But since I'm running all pci and no agp my video card is slow. I only have three pci slots so thats a problem since I plan on using all of that. And I like good graphics.

Last edited: