planning to build my first comp..*question*

reciprokal

ok, i have decided to build my first comp rather than wasting $ upgrading my current pc. It will be a comp mainly for gaming and school work(photoshop/other graphic programs etc). Here is the setup i am planning to do:

ANTEC PLUSVIEW1000AMG 21IN CASE W/ WINDOW SIDE PANEL

OCZ POWERSTREAM 420 WATT LOW NOISE POWER SUPPLY

ASUS A8N-SLI DELUXE MOTHERBOARD

AMD ATHLON 64 3500+ S939 PROCESSOR NEWCASTLE 2.2GHZ 512KB CACHE

MSI NX6600GT-TD128E VIDEO CARD GEFORCE 6600 GT PCI-E 128MB DDR

CORSAIR VALUE SELECT DUAL CHANNEL 1024MB KIT PC3200 DDR CAS2.5 2X512MB

SEAGATE BARRACUDA 7200.7 80GB HARD DRIVE ATA/100 8.5MS 7200 OEM

LITEON 52X32X52 ATAPI IDE CD-REWRITER

*I will reuse my floppy drive and my 15" LCD*

well my budget will be $1500 CAD max (no more than that) since this is my first build, please tell me that if there is any compatibility issue with the above setup . Any suggestion is welcome :)

lynx6200

I just built my first system as well, similar to that, you can see its specs below. I dont know how much all your stuff is costing, but I built mine for only about $750. One main thing ive realized is your case is pretty important as that will determine how lmuch noise comes from your computer, and how how well vented the system is.
You might want to go with a 450 watt power supply just to have the extra wattage in case, but you should be okay. Also you might want a slightly bigger hard drive as todays new games and software really take up a lot of space.

Yeti

VIP Member
but I built mine for only about $750
well my budget will be $1500 CAD max
One main thing ive realized is your case is pretty important as that will determine how lmuch noise comes from your computer, and how how well vented the system is.
It is a good case, I have it for my main computer; decent ventilation. The noise will be more of a function of the fans you put in if you're concerned about that.
You might want to go with a 450 watt
I highly doubt you'd notice a difference of 30W; the fact that its a good PSU will make much more difference.

Overall, looks pretty good. Are you planning on using SLI in the future?

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
One main thing ive realized is your case is pretty important as that will determine how lmuch noise comes from your computer, and how how well vented the system is.

Yes! :) many people dont realize just how important the case is.