playing a video...

zilla

A friend sent me a video of something or other... I'm hoping it's naked chicks but I'm thinking its just of her new car... :D Regardless, I can't play it in windows media player, but she can on her computer. The file type is .IFO Is there a special plugin I need to get in order to play that file?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Yeti

VIP Member
Is she trying to send you a DVD? I always get IFO files when I rip DVDs, but they are actually the video part - just small files that serve as organization of the DVD (I think at least). I guess it could be a different IFO type though... how big is the file?

zilla

Yeti said:
Is she trying to send you a DVD? I always get IFO files when I rip DVDs, but they are actually the video part - just small files that serve as organization of the DVD (I think at least). I guess it could be a different IFO type though... how big is the file?

See that's what I could understand. It's an a video that she edited together, only about 3 minutes long. The file is like 12kb... so I figured it wasn't complete. But it works on her computer via that same file. There must be something more that needs to be sent with it, in order for it to play.

Thanks for the help guys!!

zilla

And thanks for the file extension site, I had already looked there but didn't see the supported programs.

BlaBli

the IFO si a portion of a whole dvd movie...
when u rip a dvd movie u got IFO's and VOB's. the IFO contain the information of the VOB files (i think)....

its just like CUE and BIN files, and m3u and mp3 files. which the bin file in the date and the cue file is just some kind of en index of the bin file.
so when she is clicking the ifo file (which contaiin the index of the VOB file) know from where to pull the data of the VOB file which u dont have... she need to send u the VOB file...
maybe she just dont want u 2 c her naked?? :cool:

Last edited:

zilla

BlaBli said:
the IFO si a portion of a whole dvd movie...
when u rip a dvd movie u got IFO's and VOB's. the IFO contain the information of the VOB files (i think)....

its just like CUE and BIN files, and m3u and mp3 files. which the bin file in the date and the cue file is just some kind of en index of the bin file.
so when she is clicking the ifo file (which contaiin the index of the VOB file) know from where to pull the data of the VOB file which u dont have... she need to send u the VOB file...
maybe she just dont want u 2 c her naked?? :cool:

Hehe, maybe so... I would be lucky as hell to see this girl naked :D